1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errors Reading DVRs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Masood, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Masood

Masood Guest

Hello Every one,
    I am using Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-108, and used shrink to backup my DVDs. i can see they are burnt but there when you insert disc on any DVD Rom or player it doesnt recognise it. i had put my project files on DVR as well but it is unable to read them as well. can any one please help me about it as i need to hand in my project and i am having problems writing DVRs

Thanks,
    Mas

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there Masood,

What you're describing sounds like a media problem.

Here's a guide for recommended media for DVD burning

Some recommended media for DVD video burning would be, RiData, Sony, TDK, Ritek G04, Verbatim DataLife, Verbatim DataLife Plus or media boasting “Advanced Metal AZO". Other media could very well cause errors, only the very best media should be used for DVD Video backups. Now is defiantly not the time to put your, "Boy did I save money buying this crappy cheap stuff." in - )

Cheers,

3. Masood

Masood Guest

Thanks Mate, wasnt cheapy stuff but i will change my media today lets see what happens. Hopefully it works otherwise i am in deep trouble atleast for project

thanks for your Help
    Masood

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

No offence, but the DVD-Rs I've been using only cost about US$0.4 a piece. What I would suggest is may be to buy 1 or 2 the named products (preferably rewritables) and see if they are any better. If not, then you wouldn't suffer a big loss.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Well gee whiz there Mr. Bill, iffin we knew what we were makin suggestions about we'd know that for -
    1. RW's aren't a test of anything as Memorex make a fine RW but the vast majority their single-write media are right at the bottom of the ladder as far as "Crap" goes.
    2. RW's don't play in most of the standalone players a few years old.
    and Lastly, the recommended media are single-write media and not available in an RW format.

Always feel free to post BUT those you are talking to believe you're giving them "expert" information. Please don't give out false or made-up information that will cause others to have problems. We have never given you information just to see how badly we can make you mess up, don't do so to others - Thanks ever so -

BTW, In an effort to clear the air, when I speak of "Cheap" or "Inexpensive" media, I'm not referring to the price you pay at the counter - I'm referring to the type of composite some manufactures use, their method of dye application and the lack of, OR, the poor quality control used during manufacturing. when I say "Branded" that means that when you pick up a disc in your hand, it says "Ritek" or "Verbatim" on the disc itself. The monetary cost of the media we recommend many times is cheaper than that you are buying now.

Cheers,

Pete

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I rest my case now that I know the parameters of this forum.