1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errors when backing up

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Zenzi, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Zenzi

Zenzi Member

Hi- Hoping someone can solve this mystery!
    I've been backing up dvds forever...never had a problem. All of a sudden EVERY disk I opened with DVD Shrink came back with a cyclic redundancy error. I Then I tried using dvd decrypter, and that gives errors, too. NOW DVD shrink freezes before even trying to open a disk. Nothing has changed, same programs as always, although I've since downloaded a new copy of DVD Shrink- with the same results- (New disks, old disks- they all do it.) I don't think it's a bug, since every other type of program runs fine. The only suspicion I have is that the first disk that did this was "Super-Size Me." Could the disk have some wierd new copy protection on it that screwed things up?
    HELP!!

2. jjk454ss

jjk454ss Member

I know this thread is a little old, but I just did a search for "cyclic", because I keep getting this error with Coyote Ugly. I noticed you mentioned it first did it with Supersize Me, The last movie I did was Supersize Me, I don't think I got any errors with SuperSize Me, but it was the last one I did.

Hopefully just a cooincidence.

3. BigSimms

BigSimms Guest

I backed up super size me as well... but have done several backups since. I think its just a coincidence. Try deleting your dvd burner in device manager and rebooting. It'll find the burner and hopefully fix the problem. Also check the ASPI drivers to make sure that they are still there. Compaq 4.60 is preferred. Hope this Helps.

4. jjk454ss

jjk454ss Member

Yeah, I am sure it was. After doing more reading, the cyclic error was from a scratched disc. I took the disc out, used one of those disc scratch repair deals, and it worked after that.