1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Errors when burning lower than 8x

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ddaren, Apr 20, 2005.

1. ddaren

ddaren Member

Hey guys, I'm having errors with my dvd burner. I'm not sure if it's the burner or the dvd media. I used TDK and SONY before and when I set my burn speed to anything lower than 8x... it says error. I recently purchased Compusa DVD's (yes I know they suck but they were really cheap at the time) and they only burn at 2.4x so I'm basically screwed because I keep getting errors. I tried using Nero and Dvd Decrypter to burn the movies but I always receive errors on either one. I believe it could be my burner, but I have 100 Compusa DVD-R's waiting to be burnt, but won't work.

2. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

ddaren,

Could you be a little more clear about the errors you are having? Post the error message and/or the log file.

You are not by any chance trying to rip with Nero are you? It won't bypass the encryption...

3. ddaren

ddaren Member

I've ripped over 50 DVD's already and they all worked with my Sony or TDK DVD-R media. I use DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter to rip. I tried using Nero to burn and it says error can't disc at once. I think the problem's with my burner, won't burn below 8x

4. mfmtonyv

mfmtonyv Guest

Before you get yourself a new burner why don't you try to burn with another program instead of Nero. Nero has given me a lot of troubles in the past. Mainly unreadable discs.Try to rip the DVD to an ISO file and then burn it using CloneDVD. I think you're gonna make it this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2005
  5. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

hey ddare why r u burning at 8x. i never, ever burn at that speed, it doesn't always go right. u r about to read on how it is ok and how someone had no problems doing it but, just don't do it. avoid erros and burn at 4x maximun, i do it at 2.4x and never have a problem.

6. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

oh sorry ddaren i did not read the part where u said that ur burner won't burn at less than 8x.

7. ddaren

ddaren Member

tried burning with nero, clonedvd, dvd decrypter. still errors burning below 8x, works when I burn above 8x though.

8. mfmtonyv

mfmtonyv Guest

That's a tough one uh? If it isn't the software it's got to be the hardware but ...I don't know... it just look pretty easy guess to be the right one. Well, I give up...I would buy a new burner and then see what happens. Burners are not that expensive anyway. Even if that wouldn't solve the problem, you will just have a second bran new burner! Not a disaster. Good luck. Let us know how this will end up.

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

if you have problems burning slower than 8x, why not just burn at 8x or higher?

10. ddaren

ddaren Member

like I said, the compusa dvd's I bought can only burn at 2x. That's why I can't burn over 8x. So instead of buying a brand new burner, I bought TDK DVD-R's which can burn above 8x and it works perfectly.