1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eternal Sunshine - Shrink Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cph, Mar 7, 2005.

1. cph

cph Member

Hey guys. Im getting a problem shrinking the 8g Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind retail DVD.

My specs if needed are
    P4 3.0ghz northwood
    1024 PC4000 Ultra DC ram
    120g WD drive 1
    160g WD drive 2
    HP 420n 8x DVD burner

Anyway i have experience burning, and this is the first problem i encountered of the sort. Used DVD Decrypter to decrypt it. Tried using DVD shrink to shrink it down to single DVD space, and ran into a problem. Right now it doesnt even show the problem it just hangs, but it was something in the sort of "Practical error or Program error or Primary execution???"... something like this. Anyone had the same and know a way around it?

I was thinking it is a copyright issue, as this movie is somewhat new. Shrink version is 3.2. Help appreciated.

Thanks,
    CPH

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hmmmm, that's the first time I've seen that specific error. Have you tried reinstalling Shrink and Decrypter? Are you trying to compress the film too much? What's the comression percentage that Shrink lists?

3. burlylord

burlylord Guest

I had a similar problem backing up this movie. Couldn't get it work with DVD Decrypter/Shrink or AnyDVD/Shrink. The main problem was with DVD Shrink where I kept getting the error "programming error - exception occured - the parameter is incorrect" at usually around 1% of the encoding process. AnyDVD with Clone DVD easily took care of it though.

4. cph

cph Member

thx a lot, I will try it as soon as i can get my internet connection fixed up, atm is very screwy.

Could you refer me to a website of those programs or any alternatives? Im not too fond of installing trials or paid programs just for 1 DVD. (big fan of decrypter+shrink combo)

But thanks a lot! Hope it works. U think its a problem with copyright issues or what?

5. burlylord

burlylord Guest

6. laguna73

laguna73 Member

I also had trouble with this movie. It would usually stop at around 1% encoding and put up an error message. I tried dvd decrypter first then dvd shrink but it still put up the same error message ("programming error - exception occured - the parameter is incorrect"). I finally managed to get around it by setting the compression for the "unreferenced material" to "still pictures" .
    Don't know if it was just a coincidence but it worked just fine after that.

Just my observation that when it would begin to encode it would get stuck at the same point every time. That point was at the 'sun' intro/logo. Not sure what that is called but there is a kid jumping also at that point over and over again. Playing the TITLE MENUS in the UNREFERENCED MATERIAL folder you'll see what I'm talking about. Maybe this was some kind of copy protection?

good luck

7. puternerd

puternerd Member

I ripped this movie using the Decrypter/Shrink combo and had no problems. Are you trying to do the whole disc or just the movie? I did just the movie. I also burned at 2.4x (as I do with all dvd's). How's your media, are you using good stuff?

8. burlylord

burlylord Guest

I myself did a whole movie backup with AnyDVD/CloneDVD. Was the only way I could do a full backup. I am using Maxell 002's burned at 8x.

I saw this as a fix on another forum for a different movie. Did you watch the entire disc (backup)including the extras? Were there any problems?

Also I think the "jumping kid" is a signature for some king of protection as he was found in other movies as well. Might be the newer Sony Arccos protection.

9. laguna73

laguna73 Member

Yes I watched the entire movie last night and some of the extras. Everything worked fine.

10. xcassiusx

xcassiusx Member

Yep, I remember that kid from Bourne Supremacy.
    Just go to unreferenced section (for those using Shrink)
    and select the "unreferenced materials" folder from the left pane, next select "still image" from the drop down box on the right pane under "VIDEO". Voila, success.