1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eternal sunshine

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by snoopydog, Oct 12, 2004.

1. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

i was backing up my copy of eternal sunshine using dvd shrink and an error came up saying....program error..exception occured. what does that mean???
    any help at all?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

dunno :) ... but try ripping with DVD Decrypter first then run it through Shrink.

I did this movie using AnyDVD & CloneDVD2.

3. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

it still didnt work another error came up the same one??? i put it on the hard drive with decrypter then tried shrink but it still didnt work. any suggestions?

4. flip218

So you got a successful rip with DVD Decrypter? What happened in Shrink? Any error messages?

5. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

i got an error message when shrinkind it with dvd shrink the same one as before.

6. flip218

Have you tried re-installing Shrink? How much free HD space do you have?

7. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

shrink still worked cuz i backed up a diffrent movie afterward, and i have enough hard drive space.

8. flip218

If you got a successful rip, you should be able to do it.

Have you tried running the ripped file through Clonedvd2? You can use the full version for 21 days, that is what I used to backup this movie.

You could also just doing movie only or replacing the extras with a still image.

9. dawn4mike

dawn4mike Guest

exact same problem and the only DVD I have encountered this with. I have been using Shrink for quite some time. No problem with other DVDs before or after this one movie.

Tried using Decrypter also and then Shrink. Tried various combinations of what was to be burned. Re-installed shrink as well.

Have not tried Clonedvd2 yet.