1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eternal Sunshone of the spotless mind

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by spoofter, Nov 20, 2004.

1. spoofter

spoofter Guest

Has anyone has issues backing up this dvd? ive tried two different ones, shrink just closes.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

3. moabtrail

moabtrail Member

I've encounted all kinds of problems w/ this dvd...it just won't go through w/ DVD Shrink...when in Backup! mode it stops dead at 7% w/ errors, and the disc is totally clean w/ no nicks or scratches...it's an original disc. When using DVD Decryptor it runs through the first file for about 5 minutes then starts hitting errors and you can see it counting the "retries" over and over of whatever it's doing and then after like 15 minutes it just freezes up all together. Can't figure it out at all...

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey spoofter and moabtrails, I had no problem with it, just got done. I used dvd shrink, dragged over main movie, left off director's comments,ending credits, and extras,then burned with nero.The compression rate was %83.2. It wasn't one of those movies that I wanted the deep analysis and slow encode so I did it quick. I had one certain movie that wouldn't let me get past a certain point in shrink and decrypter, it turned out to be bum disc. That disc looked in perfect shape but would not play right.The replacement disc I "borrowed" was 100 times worse shape than first one.Scratches everywhere, It shrunk and burned it fine. I clean every disc before I use them. spoofter, sound like something wrong with shrink. Try removing it and decrypter and then download them again. Hope this might help, later

5. xerofyre

xerofyre Regular member

i've had problems too.....this is my first time trying to copy a dvd, so I thought I was doing something wrong, I'm using dvd decrypter, and dvd shrink.

6. Corgan79

Corgan79 Guest

I had the same exact problem, with shrink and decrypter, I found out that there was some little icon in the movie menu that bounces up and down that was the cause.....! Try it without the menu and it will work......

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there spoofter welcome to aD,

There is a problem. Sometimes DVD Shrink get's through it sometimes not -

Look in "Unreferenced Materials"...and there is a small clip there that shows a logo, and then some weirdo jumping up and down - Go to "Compression" select "Custom" then select "Still image" the try DVD Shrink again, it should slide right on through, like a hot knife through tender Turkey -

Happy Thanksgiving -

Pete

8. dudeteon

dudeteon Member

Hey - I had problems too. The two problems I had turned out to be the following

1) Had to unselect the spanish, french versions off disk to make it fit. Easy solution and you can tell this is your problem if you see red on the top bar of Shrink.

2) Problem procress stopped about 7-10% into encoding process.
    I found a special file in two movies so far Punisher and Bourne Identity. Ok now I apologize I dont remember the name of the file but I can talk you through it.
    After the movie is analized by shrink(& decrypter portion is already completed of course) you see the movie name and folders on left hand side of shrink. Click on "Unreferenced Material" and highlight a file in that folder. Then in viewing screen below files hit the play button. Again I dont remember file name (& it may differ between movies) so you will need to check them all until you see in the viewing screen a
    yellow background with a boy running in it. Sounds weird that you will know when you see.
    Ok once you know which file make sure it is selected and then go to the button on the right that says automatic, and switch it to " NO Compression" for this file only. Then start backup- all done.

I hope this was helpful
    Happy Burning

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Thanks much there dudeteon,

Perhaps if you were to have read the post before yours, I already covered it -

I'm glad to see that you were paying attention to my post though -

Welcome to aD

Pete

10. dudeteon

dudeteon Member

lol- I dont know how I missed that Scuba. You summed it up alot quicker too. Hey maybe my version will help some newer burners.

Maybe you can help me with this. I sometimes have problems in Decrypter. The file gets about 70% through and then it gets an error. One time I hit retry a few times and it ent, and another I had to clean disk and start over, but on Lord of Rings 2 I tried both and it just wouldn't get passed that part.

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I'd like you to check your DVD Decrypter's settings. First, it should be version 3.5.1.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove IFO/BUP PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove IFO/BUP PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with lightly scratched discs which may cause ripping problems.

OK, Here it is - http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Take it out for a "spin" around the block, Check under the hood, Kick the tires and climb inside and smell that "New DVD Decrypter" "smell". Go home, talk it over with the wife and, if you feel in the morning the way you do now, come back and I'll put you behind the wheel of a Brand new DVD Decrypter at a price so low, you'll think it was free. Huuummm, come to think about it, it is FREE - Well, What are you waiting for ?

Remember to stop back and tell me how you feel about it once you've put some "mileage" on it -

Cheers,

Pete

12. dudeteon

dudeteon Member

Thanks Scuba I do have Decrypter 3.5.1 and should I keep those settings all the time or only on DVD's that give me a problem.

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Just when you need a "Big Gun" Heh, heh

Cheers,