1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eternity

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by praisegod, Mar 16, 2003.

1. praisegod

praisegod Guest

Have you ever wondered what happens after you

die? Do you fear death? Well, you don't

have to because Jesus has done all the hard

work for you. 2,000 years ago, he died on a

cross as a perfect substitute for all the

world. He took all the sins of the world on

himself and sufferred all the pain. He then

ressurected to life and conquered Death.

Please continue to read this for your eternal

dwelling place (Heaven or Hell) depends on

it.

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him

and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes

away the sin of the world! (John 1:29)

Jesus is the Son of God and came to this

world for you and me.

For God so loved the world that he gave his

one and only Son, that whoever believes in

him shall not perish but have eternal life.

For God did not send his Son into the world

to condemn the world, but to save the world

through him. (John 3:16-17)

For it is by grace you have been saved,

through faith--and this not from yourselves,

it is the gift of God--not by works, so that

no one can boast. For we are God's

workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do

good works, which God prepared in advance for

us to do. (Ephesians 2:8-10)

What do you have to "do" to be saved and go

to heaven then?

Believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that

his death and ressurection is what your

salvation rests on.

Repent of your sins and forsake all sin.

Be baptized by full immersion.

Here is a very good web-site about salvation

http://www.aaronsbibleuniversity.com/Document

s/Salvation.htm

I congragulate and give credit to the author

of this site for his hard work.

Please take this message to heart.

In the love of Christ Jesus

2. T2K

T2K Guest

is this spam?

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yes T2K, jesus is a spammer. hey praisegod, i'm all for people expressing themselves and having to seek a higher power because they dont think they can manage their own lives, but do you realy think jesus walked around and forced it on people? if he died for my sins, then shouldn't I be able to sin all i want and not worry? If there is a god and he is all forgiving, then i dont think he'd mind if i choose to follow my own path, and be my own god and control my own life. maybe you just got the wrong forum or something, maybe there's an aftergod.com or something that would be more suited for your post. do you even realize that by posting that, you have infringed my right NOT to be religious and basically forced your views on me. is that what your god wants? I bet jesus loses alot of customers that way. He who is so peaceful and rightious sure is pushy about following his religion. I believe your god is happy with you doing what you do in your own time and in your own way, but does he also think it's ok to force it on people that have no desire to hear it? if anything, your forceful jesus spam probably lost god alot of members. I'm sorry but i just have a real problem beLIEving in a religion that does nothing but condem and control it's people thru fear. I cant believe in anything that doesn't believe in me. repent? no thanks, i'd rather life my life the way i want instead of keeping all my nasty little desires shrouded by the church, or made to feel guilty for being human. So please keep your religion and your spam to yourself because if there's not a god, i have no worries, but if there is a god, i think i'd get more respect from him than you simply for following my own path and judging my own depth of good and rightiousness, which is alot better than shoving god in someones face. yep, i bet the G man is pretty pissed at you now, you prolly lost him some business by forcing it on people.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2003
  4. thargor

thargor Member

Damn, I came to this thread thinking it was a new Soundcard from Creative!
    The only good spam is in a sandwich with brown source on it.

5. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

This is a seriously messed up post. I'm as strong a christian as they come, but I fully understand when people don't wanna hear something. The only time I even suggest praying and such is when I have a VERY CLOSE personal friend who's having a hard time, then I go ino how I have found that praying can really help. I'm no saint though, I'm your average 18 year-old college student, I enjoy drinking, smoking and being intimate with my girlfriend (in moderation of course...im paying to study so I might as well do it) so to go out and preach on how the world is full of sinners is something I could not with a clean conscience do. I'm glad you have found something good praisegod, but this isn't the place for it, people on afterdawn are conducting business (If you wanna look at it like that). Therefore this is rightfully viewed as spam.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2003
  6. darthnip

thanks liquid86, you represent how organized religion SHOULD be. I dont have anything against religion, it's just not my gig. but i do have a problem when other people shove it in your face! Since praisegod has not responded, i can only hope i opened his eyes a little. but of course, if he does respond, i'm sure i'll be damned forever in fire and brimstone or whatever and i need to be saved blah blah blah

7. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

No problem darthnip, actually upon reding this further, I'm going to hell regardless of whether I repent...I wasn't baptized by full immersion, for anyone else who reads this, they are very leftwing christian view points, believe me, I'm a confirmed and contributing member to my church and this guy is nothing but a member of a white robed cult...

8. darthnip

yeah thats the way i took his words - "follow god or die sinner". i think god is cool with me doing what i want as long as i aint out raping babies or kicking puppies and stuff. i'm trying to push that "all forgiving" thing to the limits.

9. darthnip

yeah thats the way i took his words - "follow god or die sinner". i think god is cool with me doing what i want as long as i aint out raping babies or kicking puppies and stuff. i'm trying to push that "all forgiving" thing to the limits.