1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ethernet cable is not connected to xbox 360 console

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by SpankyJ, Nov 25, 2007.

1. SpankyJ

SpankyJ Regular member

When im on live, Im getting an error periodically that says

"Ethernet cable is not connected to xbox 360 console"

Now, its all connected, I assure you, as I can sign directly back in, but it is becoming rather rediculous. I have had a 360 for 2 years now, never had the problem, had to send it in to get repaired, and just recently got this one, and its been giving me the problems since I got it. Sounds more like a hardware problem w/ the 360? Dont you agree?

2. SpankyJ

SpankyJ Regular member

3. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

lol, yes sounds like an hardware issue.

4. ARGUS_328

ARGUS_328 Regular member

yeah it certainly does sound lika a hardware issue to me, when does it usually happen? (10-15 mins or 1-2 hours into playing?) does it happen like clockwork? Meaning do you know about what time during your gameplay you will be disconnected? Or can you go a few days without incident? if you have your DSL/Cable Modem hooked up to a router try switching ports and see what happens(if you have the space, or even if you dont switch it with your PC and see if your PC gets disconnected), also try swapping out your patch cable that goes from your router to your 360, my router has this thing (And I still can't figure it out) but If I stream video or music to my PC, I lose my WAN Connection, and everything that is sharing it off of my router gets kicked off, so I have to rest my router (meaning I Power cycle it) upsetting! but yeah these are just basic troubleshooting steps for ya...I feel your pain, Good Luck!

5. SpankyJ

SpankyJ Regular member

It varies when it will do it, sometimes its 5-10 mins and it does it over and over. sometimes it doesnt happen for a day, and sometimes it just completely random. Ive had it happen when connected through a router and when connected directly, so I know it isn't the router, it just sucks.