1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eureka Seven Volume 11

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Kinger420, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Kinger420

Kinger420 Member

Has anyone else tried to burn this DVD yet? I tried using DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 (the latest version) & Ripit4me 1.7.1.0 (latest version) with no luck at all. Has anyone successfully copied this DVD & if so how did you do it? This is the first DVD that I could not make a copy of. Any bit of information that might help would be great appreciated.

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

3. Kinger420

Kinger420 Member

Zos,
    Thanks for that tip. That program is really pretty cool. The dvdfab decrypter didn't work on the Eureka Seven Volume 11 disc though. I have tried using different disc's as well with no luck there. Can you suggest anything else for me try? Anything else you could tell me or anyone else would be great.

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

5. Kinger420

Kinger420 Member

Zoso,
    Thanks for the tip. I tried using this method with no luck whatsoever. I just got an error message that said failed to read DVD. I'm beginning to think that I will be unable to copy this DVD. Is there anything else that you or anyone else can think of? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

are you sure the dvd isn't scratched/bad/dirty?

only program I've had luck with on a scratched DVD is Intervideo DVD Copy6 ,which has a free trial, you will need to run anydvd behind the program

http://apps.corel.com/lp/ivi/index.html

return it for another disc

or your drive is unable to read it in which case you will need another brand of drive to transcode it, thats more than likely the problem.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  7. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Kinger420-
    If you are running XP then find out what the firmware for your drive is.

Go to Start-> All Programs-> Accessories-> System Tools-> System Information.

When the box opens Select Components-> CD-ROM. Under name you will see the firmware version you are using on the drive that you are trying to read the disk from. If your drive has an update available you will need to install it. This will help it both read/write your DVD's. You may post here the entire line that reads the drive name with the firmware and I will see if there is an update available, or you may go to http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php and search for one yourself.

You may also try the makers home page. They normally have all firmware updates for drives. That may solve the issue.

If your firmware is up to date you may try another free program. I had a problem with one DVD and I used it. The program still told me that it found errors, but I still got the movie ripped to the HDD. I then opened the temp file the program uses and ran it through VobBlanker to clean it up. I was able to get a perfect backup of the movie. The program I am talking about is RipIt4Me. It is not updated any longer, but I still use it if AnyDVD or DVDFab does not work. You may download the program here: Link

Before you download the program make sure that you have DVD Shrink: Link

You do not have to use DVD Shrink except to analyze the disk if it gets to that point!! The other program you will need installed is DVD Decrypter: Link

Let us know what happens!)

8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

being able to read the disc would not be a firmware problem ^^^

9. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

b

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  10. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Okay, I use to think the same thing, but have found it to not always be true. The software patch helps with both reading and writing. I always suggest a firmware update anyway.

11. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008