1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro-vox maxv.........No power!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by colm64, Nov 6, 2007.

1. colm64

colm64 Guest

Hey,

I bought a Euro-vox maxv about 3months ago, now all of a sudden it wont work. Their seems to be no power going to it. I did the basics like change the sockets, fuse, took off the back to see it their was any loose connections. Everything seemed ok!!

Has this happened anybody else, are you able to fix it or is the box just knackered??

Cheers
    Colm

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  3. colm64

colm64 Guest

Hey scouser,

thanks for the quick reply but i am afraid im new to all this so its like im reading Dutch!!!

What is the black tsop? What is the difference between the intel and st chipset?

I am so confused!!

Sorry about this!

Regards
    Colm

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry about that. Basically what I am showing you is how to reprogramme your EV's bios, (tsop), as this may be corrupted. It means opening up the box and using the jtag kit to reflash the bios, (tsop) of the EV.

There has been numerous members who have had this problem and a jtag was the only way around it. Is your box completely dead and have you checked all the capacitors, (if you see any blown or even bulging these could also be your problem).

5. colm64

colm64 Guest

Thanks for that, ill order one now!!!

Yeah its completly dead.I opened up the back of it and checked it over and everything seemed ok no loose connections or nothing blown.

Thanks for your help.....it will get going again!

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Youre welcome, it will arrive with full instructions but if you need any help just shout.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007