1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Europeen movies wont play in my dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Dark_Mist, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Dark_Mist

Dark_Mist Member

Hi friends

I juste receive a gift(a very nice historical movie)from a europeen relative and I cant make it play in my dvd player... I know the encrypting is diffrent in Europe but hey, I have the movie, I live in Noth America so why dont give it a try and make it work here?

I'm quite sure there is a way to shrink/encode the movie and burn it so it will play like a normal movie but I was'nt able to figure out how.

A little help woud be appreciate and if a similar topic has already been post, please except my apologys ... just show me where and I wont bodder you guys again with that ;)

Thx a lot

PS: i'm using shrink dvd and dvddecrypter

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

The problem isn't the encryption. It's the difference between North American (NTSC) television and practically everyone else (PAL). NTSC has a resolution of 720x480 vs. 720x576 for PAL. The 2 standards also use different color formats. Unfortunately most NTSC playback equipment isn't designed to playback PAL content. Your best bet is to get a DVD player that does PAL to NTSC conversion. There area apparently several cheaper models that have this feature. You can also find standalone converters but I think they're more expensive.

If you really want to do the conversion on your computer you should do a search for 'convert PAL to NTSC' and there will be lots of information.

3. Dark_Mist

Dark_Mist Member

OK thx vurbal... i'll try it and i'll keep in touch.

4. sadsac

sadsac Guest