1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eurovox 2006 has frozen

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by fordhouse, Aug 28, 2007.

1. fordhouse

fordhouse Member

Have been using a eurovox 2006 since last December and have had no problems.Today it has decided to freeze.All i am getting is 2 dots one above the other on the front of the box.No picture and the remote will not work either.Also the standby button dosnt turn it on.Please can someone HELP
    Gary

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You have posted this a number of times could you please stick to one thread.Have you tried to reflash the box?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  3. fordhouse

fordhouse Member

Sorry I didnt mean to list it 3 times its my first thread.
    This may be a silly question but what does reflash mean

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem download the Eurovox user guide from the link at the end of my post entitled Eamos FTA Library. You will find it in the Eurovox Documentation folder.

Then come back after you have read it and I will help you out. The guide will explain flashing to you. I will help you out with what you require to do it.

5. fordhouse

fordhouse Member

Thankyou for that but my box is stuck just showing : on the front when i plug it in.Also when i connect pc to box it is not recognising that it is connected

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

This happens sometimes.If you update the firmware. It wont find the box until you unplug power and plug back in and the update will start.

If your box came in blue packaging it is a blue box. If it came in a red package it is a red box. Judging by the date, (Dec 2006), you have yours since I would say it is a blue box. Blue box firmware will only work with a blue box and same red with red.

You can download dnupman and the latest firmware for the Eurovox in the link I gave you earlier. The guide will show you what to do, don't forget to unplug the the power first then run the update and plug the power back onto the Eurovox.

I am sorry but I have to leave but I will look out for your posts.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  7. fordhouse

fordhouse Member

Have been trying dnupman but it is still not finding the box.tried downloading firmwear.when i unplugged box and plugged it back in the message light on the front of box lit up.the 2 dots are still there too.

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

9. fordhouse

fordhouse Member

Sorry i dont understand jtag.tried downloading from steo but no success.please could you advise more.

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Please click the link at the end of my post marked Starview Keys & Info there is a full guide for Eurovox jtag there.