1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox 2008

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Pic11, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Pic11

Pic11 Member

Thanks scouser .... I'll try this evening after work ... Ill let you know the outcome, :)

2. Pic11

Pic11 Member

Hi , What do you mean by this ?

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Move your hours forward or back using GMT settings to the correct time and then turn it off, press blue button to save and exit.

4. Pic11

Pic11 Member

Hi, Ive done that now a few times. When I finished it, it seems like I do have the wanted result (IE : If I press info (on remote) The correct time is displayed). However the program details are still an hour off.

Under the time settings (In menu) GMT has remained off and the time is correct in this field.

Wonder if there is something I'm missing that the program info. still aint right ? :(

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Must be annoying you now. As said its all a matter of timing. Everyone I have told how to do this eventually got it, some first time others after many attempts.

When you unplug and replug and then go straight to time settings what does it say?

6. Pic11

Pic11 Member

You know what sc0user, it sure does annoy me at this stage but not as much as I must be annoying you now I'd say :p .

When I unplug/plug and go straight in it says that GMT is on. I changed it (as you advised) to off after setting the time. Last time I changed it and exited out, it has reverted back to 12:00 and the date has rolled back to may 05. YIKES !!

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Dont worry you will get it right

A friend of mine had to have it at -10 to get it to work lol

8. Pic11

Pic11 Member

Ha Ha, I feel your friends pain !!

9. jboyle

jboyle Regular member

it took me ages to get it.dont plug box out when you do :)

10. Pic11

Pic11 Member

Thanks to all those who replied (especially you sc0user !) as the problem is now a problem no more !, Working :) .

Another question/query :

I have an LCD TV, and the picture quality is not really the best, after adjusting the actual TV settings it doesn't seem to make much difference (picture is somewhat not quite that clear), I was wondering if there are any settings on the Eurovox under the config menu or whatever that would make a difference for the better ? ..........

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Glad your sorted regards LCD v CRT, CRT will always give you a better picture. All you can do in the settings is to make sure it is set to RGB and PAL, a good quality scart lead may improve it somewhat.

12. Pic11

Pic11 Member

Hi there, I changed those two settings, and also got a good (Expensive :p ) flat scart lead and it has made a substantial difference :) Thanks again.