1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox - Can't setup Chorus (Power supply problem??)

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by d_fens, May 11, 2007.

1. d_fens

d_fens Member

Hi guys,

I've been reading the threads here about setting up the Eurovox with Chorus but I haven't seen an explanation of my problem so...

I got a Eurovox max (red box) last week and have tried to connect it up replacing my existing Chorus setup. However I can't get any signal no matter what I try.

I'm suspecting that this may be to do with the fact that my Chorus decoder's power comes from a power supply which is run from the mains, unlike my Eurovox which plugs into a normal socket. The power supply is also attached to the chorus aerial so I'm thinking that maybe there some lack of power to the aerial causing my problem???

Can anyone help me with this? I'm living in Blessington and this problem's doing my nut in! :)

Thanks in advance,
    D-fens.

2. debic

debic Regular member

i think if its from an aerial then you won't be able to use it as it has to be from a cable supply. if you do have a cable supply then you need to make sure that you are in a digital area( not sure if Blessington is) then try using a really good scart lead i.e the one with the gold ends on them. sometimes its just a bad scart lead. also you need to have the symbol rate at 6875.