1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voxhead

voxhead Member

hi guys, need some help. since last night i have not been able to see text on any of the epg's, or in the menu etc. all the right pages i can access but no text appears. if i go into the menu i just get a blue background and no text so i reallly can't do anything menu wise. i have a eurovox red 2007 with the latest updates. it was working fine yesterday afternoon only discovered the problem last night when i went to look at my favourite's and could not see any text. in favourite's i get a little window with the current program in it and the rest is just all black. am i the only one having this problem???. i am in the clondalkin in dublin.i would greatly appreciate any help, cheers

2. cambodfc

cambodfc Member

THANKS MALCI GOT THE FIRMWARE OPENED, MY NEIGHBOUR,S GOOD ON COMPUTERS AND HE DONE IT FOR ME. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND MUCH APPRECIATED.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  3. voxhead

voxhead Member

hi guys further update. turned on the eurovox today and got what looks like a green grid approx 1/4 of the screen size on the bottom left side of screen, its sort of transparent and its kinda blinking all the time, if thats the right term. anyway i was thinking maybe set is on the way out,would appreciate any help if possible, cheers

4. barm

barm Regular member

Try it on a different tv or try a different scart.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  5. chrism23

chrism23 Member

Hi, some channnels are code being updated, but are not coming in, anyone know whats going on?

Cheers

6. chrism23

chrism23 Member

I need help for a friend, he has got a Eurovox PVR and lives in Balbriggan, he has done a powerscan on 6887 and is picking up 7 transponders, but what seem to look like the old cho**s freqs. Not sure if its MMDS or not, anyone know what the TPs are for the area?

All help appreciated.

7. voxhead

voxhead Member

Thanks Barm for the reply. sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Had tried your suggestion before posting, sorry not to mention it.Strange thing is i turned on the eurovox at the weekend and everything was back to normal. i wonder is it anything to do with nthell messing around. i have one of their boxes also and at times i find it hard to get stations to show. sometmes it takes 4 or 5 minutes for the station to tune in, meanwhile your left with a blank screen. so maybe its down to a signal problem, anyway once again thanks for the reply cheers

8. barm

barm Regular member

No problem hope you get sorted

9. jondav199

jondav199 Member

Hi there, can anyone tell me how to do a power scan on my Max 5. I have lost the insstructions for it. Thanks

10. PTF14

PTF14 Member

Hello ,getting a new box next week ,any suggestions which is best for use with N-L in Santry area of Dublin ,Thanks

11. barm

barm Regular member

Need your location an provider!

Press 'menu' go to 'installation' and 'user installation'.
    When screen appears, see if there are any frequencies.If there
    is ,press red button for an autoscan.
    If there are no freqs. press yellow for a powerscan.
    The values you enter now are dependent on your location and provider

12. barm

barm Regular member

The Eurovox EX1000 Slimline is a nice little box or if you to want to record and pause live tv the EX5000 PVR is the man.Just bear in mind that this is not as good as S*Y Plus because it has only one tuner.S*Y has two tuners which allow you to record and watch a different channel.

Hope this helps.

13. eso1967

eso1967 Member

i can anyone help me out i have the new eurovox ex5000pvr i cant get some channals like disneys bravo and living i have done a power scan some channels come up as bics help pls thanks

14. d0mh

d0mh Member

Hi. I've just swapped to a EuroVox EX1000 SL and every few days seem to be getting "scrambled channel". It seems the only way to resolve this is to run a powerscan again. I've just done this and now lost the channel fiver. Anybody any ideas?

Thanks in advance

15. jamie6666

jamie6666 Regular member

when new firmware is out where is the first place to find it is it that certain toolbar.

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

And another thread closed due to the unreading masses

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/722659

Long-running threads will not be reopened until people come up with fixes (don't ask me i only use 100% legal Freeview) ..and when people who want spoonfeeding without reading, stop clogging up the place for genuine posters with genuine problems.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.