1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox not receiving signal

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Jimmyoz, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Jimmyoz

Jimmyoz Member

Sorry if a problem like this has been posted before but I haven't found one after doing an extensive trawl of the previous posts. Having recently bought a Eurovox I am now having difficulty getting it to work . It started fine right from the plug in for the first 24 hours or so. Since then it alternates between working and showing a blue screen with a "no signal" message. As I said this changes regularly and unfortunately the majority of the time I have the blue screen with the "No Signal" message. I don't really understand how the signal can be fine one ninute and unavailabe the next. Also if I revert back to normal T.V link the reception etc. is fine irregardless of what is going on with the decoder. Any ideas anyone? do you think a booster box might help? Cheers in advance

2. Jimmyoz

Jimmyoz Member

Sorry, should have said. I have tried doing a powerscan but it made no difference.

3. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Im not too sure but "No Signal" sounds like you have your incoming cable in the wrong port on the Eurovox

4. Jimmyoz

Jimmyoz Member

Thanks for your reply Celtic 71 but I think it is connected to the right port. If it was conected up wrongly surely it wouldn't work at all? It does work occasionally and intermittently.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Have you got the cable in your living room or bedroom , this might cause it to work sometimes if you have a splitter to the bedroom etc ,

6. Jimmyoz

Jimmyoz Member

I have a spliter going to the bedroom but I have tried using the decoder without a spliter ie. with the cable going straight into the back of the eurovox. However there has been no difference in reception, ie. some of the time a perfect picture with every channel available for viewing but most of the time it just shows the blue screen with the no signal measage. Even when this no signal message is displaying the signal quality is listed around 84%. I am totally stumped as to what to do. I am living in dublin 3 if that has any signifcence

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

To be honest I dont know much about Eurovox and was just trying to help , you might need a signal booster to help with the no signal and poor reception , other than that I havent got the faintest sorry , If you go to the main Eurovox thread they will help you there

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/12/506556

8. Jimmyoz

Jimmyoz Member

Thanks mate. I appreciate your efforts to help. It has at least ruled out some of the potential solutions i thought might work. Having looked at the eurovox thread it seems that there are a number of people out ther having similar problems and there is speculation that N*L are sending some kind of weakened signal into some areas. Time wil tell I suppose. Trust me to get in on a good thing right at the end.

9. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No problem , I know N*L are doing some work recently so hang in and see what happens