1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by hegmiss, Nov 7, 2007.

1. hegmiss

hegmiss Member

Hello All, I am living in the Clane area of Co Kildare: I have just purchased a eurovox but I cannot recieve the channels. I have the NTL cable into the RF port and a scart connection from the digibox to the TV. I am not very technical so would anybody have any suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help

2. gracem

gracem Member

you have to do a powerscan , goto the main menu choose installation enter a symbol rate of 6887 then change normal to full and hit ok then wait for a few minutes till the scan is finished.

3. hegmiss

hegmiss Member

Thanks gracem, I'll give that a go and let you know

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Is Clane not on Ch**us?

5. hegmiss

hegmiss Member

No joy with that gracem. Still getting message Channel currently not available. I was with a local provider and N*L have bought them out. I was informed by N*L that they went digital in September

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You are in an old CMI/Cablenet area which is now Ch**** you will be missing two to three frequencies as they use a different headend setup.

The symbol rate you need is 6875, but the area you are in has a quite uniquie frequency set up and a powerscan will not pick all them up. Are you sure you are on N** and even to a point that you are in a digital area. Do you have a box provided by them and if so how many channels can you receive.

I have the frequencies for ex CMI/Cablenet areas, but I need to know for definite who your provider is and if you are sure you are digital.

7. hegmiss

hegmiss Member

Thanks for that Scouser. I will check that out today and get back with the relevant info.

8. hegmiss

hegmiss Member

My provider is Ch**us/N*L.Yes we can recieve digital. At the moment we recieve 21 channels.

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You have to be either Ch**us or N** (even though they are now under one name), have you got true cable or MMDS, (Mesh Aerial on your roof).

10. hegmiss

hegmiss Member

The provider is N*L and I have true cable.

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As it is an old CMI area is am not sure of the frequency spacing as the EV searches in 8Mhz steps you may be just missing them. Try a full powerscan using 6875 just in case.

Failing that I would verify with N** that you definitely have a digital feed as some of your area may be still on analogue.

12. hegmiss

hegmiss Member

Will do that Scouser : Thanks for your help. Will let you know

13. hegmiss

hegmiss Member

I found out that a digital feed will not be in the entire Clane area for another few weeks. Looks like I will have to have some patience. Once again thanks for the help. I now know were to come if I have difficultly when it does gone fully digital.