1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

even 3.03 oec custom firmware wont help on my stubborn psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by prodigy47, Apr 8, 2007.

1. prodigy47

prodigy47 Guest

i have a 1.5 psp which i then upgraded to 3.03 oec.I have 6 downloaded psp iso games.Burnout legends when tried on this custom firmware does notload and a black screen appears.Wipeout pure also loads a black screen.Chili con carnage says da game could not be started.Burnout dominator also loads with a black screen.All these games are even tried with devhook before i could install 3.03 oec and same errors occur.I put da iso game in da iso folder. There is a umd in drive.so now what ?i m really pissed off to tell u da fact nothing works for me on my psp except emulators and videos and i think its time for me to give up bcoz i m into da psp research for 5 bloody months and even bunked college and failed in papers . i m goin to sell this one off in few days. I f u think u can help me its fine but i feel psp is not da end of this world thats what i thought and sacrificed some important stuff bcoz of this little predator:(

2. Megaman17

Megaman17 Regular member

U can try going back to 1.5, then up to 3.03 OE-C again.

BTW, it's not the end of your PSP dude.lol;)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  3. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

the umd that you have in the drive its a umd movie ?
    it must be a umd game or a umd demos

where did you create the iso folder ?
    it must be in the root of the memory stick
    ms:\ISO

and it must be in capitals like this ISO

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

Does the screen go black and then restart after about 10-15 seconds?

Type out exactly how you are puting your iso's and cso's on your psp, because if your emulators are working fine then the only problem i could see happening is either...
    1. Games were poorly ripped
    2. Your placing the files in the wrong locations

5. fultonla

fultonla Guest

in recovery mode did you check to see that use no umd was disabled?

6. prodigy47

prodigy47 Guest

thanx for tryin to help me stax now i will exactly tell u how i put an iso on da 3.03 oec custom firmware 1)I format da memory stick and then i get some folders from which one is already named iso 2)Now my downloaded iso comes in winrar format with approximately 14 parts of da file divided 3)From there i extract one file of da 14 files on da desktop 3)After the file is extracted fully i paste it in da iso folder of da memory card 4)I alreay have a demo disc in da psp to begin da game 5)The game shoes up as da required icon on system menu but when clicked on x a black screen appears and some games say da game could not be started plz help me if i am goin wrong somewhere waiting for a reply:)

7. prodigy47

prodigy47 Guest

thanx for tryin to help me stax now i will exactly tell u how i put an iso on da 3.03 oec custom firmware 1)I format da memory stick and then i get some folders from which one is already named iso 2)Now my downloaded iso comes in winrar format with approximately 14 parts of da file divided 3)From there i extract one file of da 14 files on da desktop 3)After the file is extracted fully i paste it in da iso folder of da memory card 4)I alreay have a demo disc in da psp to begin da game 5)The game shoes up as da required icon on system menu but when clicked on x a black screen appears and some games say da game could not be started plz help me if i am goin wrong somewhere waiting for a reply:)

8. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Select all 14 of the .rar files and extract them to the desktop. The game is made into 14 files so its easiar and faster for it to be downloaded. Once you extract the 14 files on to your desktop, you will get a ISO or CSO file (Same thing really, CSO is just compressed) then paste that onto the ISO folder and you should be able to play it no problem.

9. prodigy47

prodigy47 Guest

when i select all da 14 files winrar gets errors but when i select one file it extracts it on da desired location (desktop)plz give me a good tutorial after an iso game is downloaded what next and how to install it on da psp even on psp i put it in da iso folder i m really irritated

10. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member