1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every body have heard this one I believe????

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by vlermuis1, Apr 20, 2007.

1. vlermuis1

vlermuis1 Member

Installing DarkAlex's 3.30 EO-A

I followed the instructions to the book (keep in mind this was the 3rd DarkAlex version I was going to install, so I'm past the "noob" stage. Well so I thought)

I copied the oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME150. Moved the 150.PBP and 330.PBP files to oeupdmaker. Ran the program. Copied the 330oeflasher and 330oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME150, moved the "DAXR" (or is it "DATA"? not sure now, its 5:30 am) file to 330oeflasher. And then I ran the program again.

My batery was on 85% and charging.

Everything whent well untill the 3.30 were extracting..... :(
    It went up to about 6% and then it said it was finished.
    Press X to shutdown. Reboot your PSP manualy.

And there it was...the green light every PSP owner is so afraid of....boy am I pissed at myself!!!!!!

Okay, so I'm about 99.99999% sure I bricked my PSP. The thing I'm asking you guys is.....WHY!!!!???

I don't understand it? What whent wrong?? I'm so pissed I don't even concider buying myself a new PSP!!!Not untill Sony can fix it for far more cheaper. Whats the chance of it happening again? And what the hell whent wrong???

P.S. Just to make that 0.000001% sure my PSP is bricked, what else can I try? I took out the batery for about 5min, put it back in again. did not work

Change the memorycard (I know i know:) but I was desperate!!!) it did not work.

I tried holding the R1 button....smae storie

The only thing I noticed was when I hold the powerswitch the psp goes of in about 10sec. When I only hold it up until its on, it stays on for about 20sec. is this normal? is there hope?

2. Shaunuy

Shaunuy Member

Did you tried coldbolt the psp and go into recovery mode? Can you go into recovery mode? If you can't, consider yourself bad luck :(

3. fultonla

fultonla Guest

it was just a bad DATA.DXAR you might have use the wrong update like use the 3.03 update instead of the 3.30 one.... thats the reason i always use the easy installers because you know the data.dxar is correct

im sorry for your loss.....

you could always get the psp-devolution chip that just came out

4. vlermuis1

vlermuis1 Member

What does it do? How long is it available...dont know if its available in South Africa yet? WIll it fix a bricked psp?

5. fultonla

fultonla Guest

6. vlermuis1

vlermuis1 Member

I know about the website...but what does it do exactly (in "noob"ish)
    would it be able to fix a bricked psp?