1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every modding tutorial for Halo!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by GOTJVLOD, Oct 1, 2005.

1. FTWOvrk1l

FTWOvrk1l Member

all you do is overwrite the ascension.map file on your E drive and your good to go

2. FTWOvrk1l

FTWOvrk1l Member

also, make sure you resign the maps or you could face alot of stupid problems that you don't need to deal with...and yes the way you put it back on the xbox is thru FTP...

3. OMGwhat

OMGwhat Member

ok look do i need another program besides dothalo to resign the maps or do i just push fix encrption on dothalo then close? and what file are the maps in on the e drive? because i took them off the d drive

4. supathug

supathug Member

well these tuts are tight but i was looking at the weather tutorial and when i transfered my weather from lockout to warlock and when to scnr there was no weather tag in reflexives

5. Xyion

Xyion Member

How do i play XBL without getting caught?

6. usmc1991

usmc1991 Guest

I am trying to make a warthog fly on coagulation with dothalo. I go to the vihicle tag and check flying. When I do that it changes the vehicle ID to banshee or scorpion, ect. I figured that was supposed to happen. So i resigned it and ftped it to my xbox. When i load the map even with primary light vehicle set to warthog only gohsts show up. Please help me. Also how to you add like 100 seats to a warthog? Please help!!

7. usmc1991

usmc1991 Guest

You cant play XBL without getting caught

8. TECmaster

TECmaster Member

once you sign on to XBL with modded maps 3 hrs after they ban yoou from matchmakeing

9. usmc1991

usmc1991 Guest

I need help making my warthog fly

10. Xyion

Xyion Member

Are you 100% sure of that and you have to have the cd to work with mods how do you do that??

11. OMGwhat

OMGwhat Member

cold boot it or don't play match making in halo

12. Xyion

Xyion Member

Can someone set me straight?

I'm syill a beginner at modding and all i wanna do is be able to play onlive with mods to have fun and a muck around.
    So how do i do this without being banned of live?
    What is cold booting?
    Will i need to use the Halo2 CD to do this or my Hard Drive?

Also if anyone knows how to do all this could they have an MSN convo or something to take me through it appreciate it thanks.

13. WandererL

WandererL Member

You can now use my program "Alius Bos" to rename things in the map easier without having to go through all the hex editing.

14. Xyion

Xyion Member

Ok but how does this make it easier for me to go on Xbox live?

15. playhalo2

playhalo2 Member

i tried overwriting the ascension.map file... it didnt work... at all. nothing happened it just stayed the same. but i know my xbox is reading the computer because i renamed "headlong" "longhead" to see if it affected Halo 2 at all. nothing happened but on the Halo 2 hdd files headlong was named longhead just not on the game. also, when i try to play halo 2 from my hdd it just says disk may be dirty or damaged, and i dont have enough room on my hdd to recopy it. i tried to delete it but it says "no games found on hard drive" but ok its listed under game on hard drive.

16. microcker

microcker Member

YO YO YO HELP ME OUT,

AIGHT SO I CAN EDIT ASCENSION, LOCKOUT, AND COLLOSOUS BUT LIKE THAT OTHER GUY THE REST OF THEM SAY NOT A VALID MAP IN DOTHALO???
    MY AIM NAME IS darkliverpoolian SO IF YOU CAN "IM" ME AND I'LL DO SUMMIN FO YA ON MY WEBSITE IF YOU WANT PLZ HOOK ME UP HOMES

PEACE

17. playhalo2

playhalo2 Member

hey dude i figured out wat was wrong the maps just didnt copy. try reftping and then recopying the maps. then if they still dont work i dont know what to tell you. also i am having a problem it says i failed to load the map whenever i try to play on my modded terminal. can anyone help?

18. mexicanhw

mexicanhw Guest

plez i need help with overwritting my files from dothalo, like i went to dot halo and opened my map and went to my vehicle file and tryed to make my warthog fly but then i tried savin it and it said done and i fixed the encryption but i dont really know how to toverwite it and i tried and when it didnt work it was the same as before

19. cearel

cearel Guest

this tut would have been great when i first started modding

20. mexicanhw

mexicanhw Guest

i need help with flying the gauss turret because when i put it in the map it wont let me drive it it just lets me flip it