1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every other backup works except Madden 08:(

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Tiki33, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Tiki33

Tiki33 Member

Anyone else have this problem? Using Verbatim dvd+r dl, burning 4x speed. All other games work fine except this one.

2. pilferd

pilferd Regular member

did u make the back up urself or is it a scene release? I have the NiG release and my madden works perfect ..

are u sure the book type is set to DVD-Rom?

Verbatims should work @ 4x's ... i burned mine @ 4x's also so u should be good on that ...

if u have Verbs to spare try burning at a lower speed ... i have other media that will only work if burned at 1x - no higher ...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  3. Tiki33

Tiki33 Member

Using the same release. I'll try burning it at 1x next.

I use a nec 3500ag, haven't messed with settings, it worked fine for every other backup.

I'll look for the dvd-rom setting. Thx.

4. pilferd

pilferd Regular member

if using Imgburn, after putting in ur Blank Disc, click the "Change Book Type Icon" (the open book in the bottom right of screen) ...

Click NEC (or whatever drive ur using to burn)
    Change for: DVD+R DL Media
    New Setting: DVD-ROM
    Click "Change"
    should get a "Success" pop up
    click OK

make sure u have ur Layer Break set for 1913760
    Tools>Settings
    Write Tab
    Sectors in L0: 1913760

try burning and verify ... after Verification see if it was burned as a DVD-Rom ... if u have these settings u should be good ... i jus started backing up 360 games and couldnt figure out why the games werent working ... this was my problem ...

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I had to the sane problem with a 360. That release worked at 1st and then after I did the Live update it didn't and some other backups stopped working. On another 360 I've been playing it just fine on Live. The 1st 360 just appears to have a weak laser. Madden seemed to put the more stress on it for whatever reason. I've noticed a few people having problems with it on various forums with it whether it's the scene release or even retail copy.

It's kind of a good thing for me, because I was going to sell the weak laser 360 to someone last week, but gave him a different one when I saw the problem.

6. Tiki33

Tiki33 Member

Burning at 1x(2.4) seemed to do the trick. I did set the booktype as well, thanks:)

All is well now!