1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

everything I burn skips and pixels near the end of dvd!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by boom38, May 1, 2005.

1. bill1996

bill1996 Member

as baabaa says do this.
    Reduce the overall file size to around 4300Mb.

Alot of readers have trouble reading the outer circumference of the disc, therefore by reducing the overall filesize, reduces the chance of burning to the outer circumference.

This is a common issue.......try to not burn to the full capacity of the disc........
    Since doing this over a year ago i havent had any glitches at the end of the movies............from cheapo media to top grade.

2. jhs1886

jhs1886 Guest

Which is best and why? My recorder will do + or -. You guys who know everything about dvds are a__h_l_es. We don't all know as much as you. You don't have to be sarcastic with us know nothings.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

? i thought people here were helping?

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

why should anyone help you if you're gonna insult them?

We suggested trying different media. Did you? If you want more detail as far as "Tell me what to buy and I'll buy it" there are tons of threads around here discussing media. And there is a whole forum here just on media. Try searching around.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ jhs1886

You need to chill out. These people are trying to help you and insulting them will not only get you no more more help it'll also get you in trouble with the Mods ;)

6. Potisgood

Potisgood Member

Oh yeah, that reminds me thanks for the help everyone. But I need just a little more. Today I looked at all the stores around here for any other brand of discs besides Memorex.(That's what I had used)and all I could find was Phillips and Verbatim. Are either one of these better? If I should order online could you recommend a site that you have used. Thanks.

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Go with Verbatim, websites are dependent where you are located.

Alot recommend http://www.newegg.com

Also, have a look in our media section for recommended media etc at http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/47

Aswell, try starting a new thread in future as it is off topic from the origianl thread, just some advice and no insult intended.....

8. jhs1886

jhs1886 Guest

I asked for help and what I got was someone quoting what I had posted. Not offering any help. I'm not the one who needs to chill. When you ask for help from the people who know the answers, you kind of expect a little help instead of sarcasum. I did have another question for the know it alls but I'll just find out on my own. I don't want to be made fun of again because I didn't know something.

9. Nephilim

Like I said before, chill out. You're still calling them "know it alls" so it's no wonder they're not wanting to help.

He told you it was time to use better media. Is that not a good enough answer for you? How was that sarcastic?

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  10. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well, you have a right to your opinion, and I have a right to mine.

[bold]Seek life elsewhere[/bold]

'Unsubscribed now'.

11. Potisgood

Potisgood Member

Hey thanks BaaBaa for info(And to anyone else who helped). Sorry for going off the subject, I new to the forum thing.

12. jhs1886

jhs1886 Guest

Quote "I've tried everything mentioned except name brand blank media. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated." That was my quote. Any more suggestions. REPEATING MY QOUTE WAS UNNECESSARY AND SARCASTIC. Don't bother replying mister moderator. I won't be back. You got your BaaBaa and others who know a lot and they know it. They see Newbie ask a question and they get smart about it. They are the ones you should be telling to chill. Bye Bye.

13. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

@ jhs1886

if you are still here i know these guys they all all good chaps trust me, please post a new thread on your problem and give us the link! we will help you as much as we can no problem...

belive me chap we have all been there, we know how frustrating it can be on useing apps and geting errors thats why we all stayed on afterdawn to help others with there frustrations on dvd stuff..

i still rip my hair out sometimes, as i go further and test other apps so as to know more to tell people...

i tell ya there on some dam good people here, who yes they may know it all and 50 times what i am, but we all help thats why we are here,

hear from you soon...

rotary....

14. jhs1886

jhs1886 Guest

Thank you very much Rotary. I am looking into getting premium name brand media. I have to shop around. My wife doesn't understand why I need more DVDs when I have about 120 sitting here. I was asking if you had any other ideas or suggestions. I also posted again asking which you think is better. Minus or Plus. My burner is Generic so I don't know how to get firmware upgrade but it will burn both at 4x. I opologize to you and SOME others for the namecalling.

15. Nephilim

We won't be hearing from him anymore.

I don't take kindly to any of our members being called a55holes but when someone manages to do it to two guys I've looked up to since the day I came to this site, namely Sir Baabaa and Rotary, it's more than I'm willing to tolerate. Getting lippy with me doesn't help the situation either.

16. Nephilim

And now I see that he's just apologized to SOME people while I was responding. I'm guessing I wasn't on the list.

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

heres a few pionters i use ritek go5 8x with names like SILVERS / ANV / RIVISION but i only burn at 4x most here do...

a way to get the model of your drive is to use nero info tool and flick through the tabs to get to drives!

but i tell ya that discs are 50% of the whole process, they need to be good!

i always use -R as they are more compatible, but nowadays the +R is getting better, if you have old standalone players i would plum for -R new players can cope better!

also to note that real cheapo standalone players play anyting you chuck at them (not like the media discs ah - hehehe) here you can buy cheap but not on media! spend that extra! you get better results...

we here know the troubles people have with cheapo discs! we help those people out on stacks of errors, and just by doing the same process on a different good brand media works! it can be as simple as that! thats why we all push the media issue firs esle you and me get to pulling our hair out, and cant sort your problem as cheapo discs are awful and create so much hassle...

let us know your drive and we/me can push you to the right frimwares but like said you may not need it!!!!

oh by the way i have been where you are on cheap discs! man that was hell!!!

[​IMG]

18. baabaa

baabaa Active member

'resubscribed'.

Interesting, I don't hold grudges, and I too understand the frustration involved.

If his apology was including me, then I accept it and look forward to hearing a positive conclusion of this thread.

I do not like to see people getting banned as it is bad for the site, and if I could appeal to Nephilims' good nature (yes we know you have one, especially when it comes closer to the weekend), is it possible to reinstate jhs1886?

I for one have NO ISSUES with him, irrespective of my final post, but to label me as an a__hole, I felt it deserved such a response and quite frankly totally unwarranted.

However, people do come and go, but it would be nice if we could resolve this to a beneficial conclusion - fixed problem and everyone dancing the 'jig together.....................

19. Nephilim

Sorry to say that I can't reinstate anyone. If he wants to rejoin and behave then he's more than welcome to and I'll hold no grudges either. Hopefully he got the point that I wasn't kidding and that we all need to play nice. There have been many folks I've banned come back, play nice and enjoy their time here so I truly hope that's what happens here.

His consistant disrespectful and combative behavior got him deactivated and it would've been that way no matter what members were involved so there's no guilt to had on your part baabaa and the same goes for Rotary. Twice I asked him nicely to chill out and his response was that it was everyone else that needed to chill myself included and that's not cool.

20. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Fair point, I do hope he manages to solve his problem......

(If you're still viewing this jhs1886, sign back up and we'll have some fun, especially if you join us in the safety valve, thats where we can all have some sarcastic fun..............Hope to see you there)

BTW on a side note, I think if you do manage to try some other media, I don;t think you will be disappointed.
    Thats not coming from someone who knows it all, but several experiences and knowledge sharing across the forum...........c'mon shake a leg and pop back in........................