1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

everything I burn skips and pixels near the end of dvd!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by boom38, May 1, 2005.

1. Potisgood

Potisgood Member

Hey it's me again...Sorry to bother again but I just wanted to ask if the Deep Analysis would have anything to do with the skipping? I bought new media. Sadly I had left before I could read the post by BaaBaa telling the go with the Verbatim. So when I came across some Sony discs I thought hey, Sony, those guys make the Playstation this has to be good. All they had was a fifty pack that was really overpriced. Anyway I burned a perfect copy of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and used the Analysis thing. When I burned Lemony Snickets Series(without analysis) of whatever It skipped 4 or 5 times but they were very brief and didn't really affect the movie at all but it bothers me. I must have perfection. Oh yeah yeah I burned at 4x by the way. Once again is it the media? Or does the analysis thing help? Sorry hopefully this will be the last time I have to bother you guys. Ps. I decreased the overall size to 4300.

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

That's kind of a strange coincidence. I don't think that's the reason though. You could use DVD Identifier on a disc that burned fine and one that didn't to see if they're different manufacturers. On store-bought media, it's pretty common to see different manufacturers throughout a spindle.

Also, do the backups that skip and freeze play fine on different players? Try in your computer with the same drive that burned it. They should work fine.

3. Potisgood

Potisgood Member

I played the disc in my computer both of them and neither of them messed up at all. Dvd Identifer? Ok I'll look for that and let you know what's up. Sorry it took so long for a response some friends came over and you know.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Looks like a compatibility issue with your media and your player. If you switch media, maybe your player will get along better? Or you could get a new player. I hear the el cheapo players play anything you throw at it.

5. Potisgood

Potisgood Member

Yeah that's probably it. This player is from Christmas 2001 so it's probably time for a new. I checked the discs same manufacturer and number. So, a new player it is. Thanks Squizzle

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Any time!

Xmas '01 huh? I'd definitely say time for a new one. Take your burn that acted funny to the store and throw it in a player, go to a part that skips (usually about 75% into the movie is a good spot) and just watch for a minute or 2. I hope you find one that works out for you.

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yep, agree with squizzle........looks like that will help you.......

heehee, no need to apologise, any issues you have just pop back in, thats what the forum is here for..................

8. Potisgood

Potisgood Member

Alright great Thanks for all the help. You'll probably be hearing from me again. IF any of you know how to soft mod an Xbox could you head over to the Xbox forums I need help there too. Thanks again

9. brockb

brockb Member

thanks for the help. i had a few that were skipping at the end im sure reducing the size will fix it.