1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everything I need to be A-OKAY

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by keeprolin, May 14, 2007.

1. keeprolin

keeprolin Member

So i'm buying a PSP tomorrow or a few days after. I'm buying just the basic $170 one.(hopefully comes with firmware that is downgradeable). My question is do I need anything else? like a 1 gig sd card or something? Besides a psp what else should I buy to be set? thanks

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

My question for you is, what do you want to do with your PSP? Play games, listen to music, and watch movies? If it's just that, then yeah, memory card, yeah at least 1 gb, but I prefer a 2. Other than that, there isn't really anything else I use except headphones, the black pouch thing for putting the PSP in, and the strap. Most of the other accessories, like location free player, are $300 dollars, and I don't want to spend money more than a PSP to buy something that just lets me stream TV to my PSP

3. keeprolin

keeprolin Member

no, i was just expecting to homebrew my psp you know. I'm going to need memory for that right?

4. CriscoC

CriscoC Member

Theres a guide on here somewhere explaining how to know what firmware psp you are buying. I highly suggest checking it out so you make sure you get a downgrade able psp.

A 1 gig will work fine if youre just going to use homebrew and/or want a couple backup games on it.

5. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

Homebrew doesn't take up a lot of space, so if you're only going to play homebrew, including emulators, you should be fine. You could prolly play homebrew and maybe fit one backup PSP game on there.

6. keeprolin

keeprolin Member

cool thanks for the help guys i'll check it out tomorrow, 2.71 and below is safe right? or was it 2.81 >_< i forget

7. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

2.80 and below, and 3.03

8. keeprolin

keeprolin Member

So i bought my psp today, (K) should be good, but I don't even know where to begin. Like how do I plug in my psp to my computer... lol I think I need to buy a memory stick + a wire that connect psp to my laptop right? God i'm such a noobie at this