1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everything I try to Install says Corrupted!?!!!?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by shaj, May 27, 2007.

1. shaj

shaj Member

Hi All.

I've just come across this really strange problem. Currently using Win XP Pro SP2.

I had NOD32 installed on the machine, but there semed to be a problem with it. So I uninstalled it and did a re-install. Everything went fine until the re-start! The protection modules refuse to load. So I removed it tried to install KAV. When I tried to extract the file in which I had it, it said there was corruption! I tried extracting another compressed file. Same thing! Corruption!

I downloaded Ashampoo Winoptimizer to see if maybe some registry tuning was needed. Even that installation halfway says corrupted! It's as if anything I try to run on the machine gets corrupted!

I did do a complete scan just hours b4 Nod32 had the problem and I did install Avir and run a full scan after the problem (had to remove that cause even though it installed fine, it refused to update after 2 days). The system seems clean.

What could this really strange problem be? :(

2. shaj

shaj Member

No one have a clue? :(