1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

everything was fine... until I played the movie

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by j4k3, Mar 21, 2004.

1. j4k3

j4k3 Member

OK, so I followed the DVD -> SVCD guide here and even though I'm doing this for the first time, I'm a hack so I figured everything out and gave it a go after reading the whole guide one time and doing what it says step-by-step.

After 4 hours and 15 minutes of using TMPGEnc to encode the file to .mpg, I thought everything was fine. Turns out I was too overconfident because when I tried the output file (650 MB), the sound was out of synch! At first I thought it didn't have any sound at all so I did a search here. Turns out that there is indeed sound but sometimes, it is just out of synch. So I again played the output file and moved the player slider somewhere in the middle and voila - there is sound... although it's out of synch. Actually, the sound is already out of synch in the beginning of the movie. I did another search about it and a reply by [bold]dRD[/bold] from another thread somewhat states my problem:

The whole thread can be viewed here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1725

The sound only comes up on the 7:28 part of the movie. So in other words, there is no sound until it hits the seventh minute and 28 second part.

Also, the DVD -> SVCD guide told me to write down these things:

Video type: NTSC
    Frame type: interlaced
    Aspect ratio: 4:3
    exact length of the movie: 42:54
    Frame rate: 29.97

Stream:
    AVG = 2328 kbps
    MAX = 2521 kbps
    MIN = 1149 kbps

I'm all out of clue. Any suggestions, guys? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  2. j4k3

j4k3 Member

I found this possible solution on another site:

But the thing is, the audio is ALREADY converted to .wav! Did that when following the settings for DVD2AVI.