1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evolution I-Connector

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by keverman1, Sep 8, 2011.

1. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

OK this is my own fault for being so lazy and trusting.I purchased a kv 750 about a year ago for £35 but at that time i was still using a DDigital duo so i put it away for a rainy day. When SV went tits up i was about to start using the 750 when i got hold of a 780 for around £75 so i ignored the 750 again cos i didn't see the point of shelling out another 80 for the i-connector at that time. A couple of months ago i bought an i-connector as i was gonna put it in another room but didnt get round to it so it's just sat there til yesterday when i tried setting it up for the first time. All that happens is that the power light comes on and flashes, thats it, it won't do anything else. I tried getting in touch with the supplier but the site's suddenly disappeared. Can anybody tell me is there something that i can do or have i been sold a dud? I was hoping i didnt have to pay to use the duo but if the i-connector is stuffed i might have to. Thanks for taking the trouble to wade through this, even if you can't help, just proves what i should already know, if you buy something, check it right away, don't wait as i foolishly did.

2. e45

e45 Regular member

Did you update the firmware on your box ?? and then connect the iconnect to the box after that, as you dont say you have actually put anything on the box firmware wise.

3. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

Sorry, yes m8 i got 24/04/11 firmware on 750, but as i say i-connector doesn't do anything, even after re-flashing as per tutorial.

4. e45

e45 Regular member

After you updated the firmware did you see on the screen the iconnect updating after you connected it ?? as you should have, i would suggest again flashing the box and make sure it is the 750 firmware you put on it, as the 750 and the 780 firmware has the same date and lots of people have mixed them up, so just to be sure just reflash it again

5. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

Ok m8, thanks for the advice, you're probably right, i'm stupid that way.Ok checked i had right firmware, re-flashed, did channel scan with i-connector not connected. same fecking result, only one light flashing on i-connector and only fta channels on 750. Heading towards total meltdown.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  6. e45

e45 Regular member

Ok did you connect the ethernet cable to the iconnect ?

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

oops no lol,reading previous posts on the 750 also remember to power off at rear box modem router and iconn for 30 secs then on,you may also have to switch iconn off and on a few times to get it to kick in.iconn has to hook up to gain an ip addy.

8. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

Thanks kid, i'll do that next, let u know,lol. This thread could end up running longer than coronation street.
    OK tried again, got as far as module update but it failed, do i keep trying or give it up as a bad job?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  9. cactikid

cactikid Active member

how have you your lan connected from iconn back as others had issues and needed a reroute of lan try powering the iconn on and off 5-6 times and see.oh and back on .

10. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

OK, i'll try that next, thanks m8. I have 1 question that keeps bugging me, when exactly do i connect the i-connector to the 750 as i'm not totally sure and is the i-connector supposed to be attached to the net before or after i power it up? Thanks again for all your time and patience guys, without you i'd be tearing my last hair out.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  11. cactikid

cactikid Active member

you only remove lan when scanning for channels and when channels are stored insert lan,it means all info comes from the coaxial cable and not from the lan.
    at all times iconn needs to stay connected and powered up.

12. keverman1

keverman1 Regular member

Sounds like you've just given me the answer, i'll try it tomorrow and let you know, thanks bud

13. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i dont give people answers i just make them more confused lol,ok see you later.