1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evolution X Dashboard Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Kenner95, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Kenner95

Kenner95 Member

Ok. I seem to have all the necessary files :
    Evo 1.8.3285 ( default.xbe),evox.ini,D.6 eject fix.bin, D.6.bin and a few bios that have been mentioned frequetly 2.5, 2.6 3.6

I used Seamonkey's wonderful information but when I used xIso, it created the file in a blink but I didn't get the "process complete"
    box. So I used Goldenhawk's CDR-W and created a .iso file. I burned this file from my desktop and did not use Nero burn. ( I recently found
    NB and will try again).

The question I have, is in the evox.ini file that I have, if you scroll down to where it mentions bios flashing, it has version 2.4. Do I need to change this or just leave it alone? I don't have the mod chip yet but I am getting ready:) Thanks :)

My X Box has a manufactuing date of 10.5.2002
    I hope the new Matrix chips will work

Last edited: Feb 2, 2003
  2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

wassup kenner..

ok.. the xiso image you create of evolution x dashboard is very fast.. the file size is about 1 to 2mbs.. in the .ini file, the thing about bios, just lets your dashboard show the version of the bios and if you set your matrix mod chip to mode 4, you can flash the bios from the dashboard itself (no realigning, just change the 1 and 2 dip switches..)...

if your going to run evolution x dashboard from your xbox harddrive, you will want the evox d6 bios file, the ejectfix is for people who boot with an evolution x dashboard cd-rw and then swap their burned game in..

if you have probs with aligning with your xbox, it seems to be a version 1.1, chekc out easybuy2000.com's help forums, there is special thread in the xbox section about aligning with this verion of the xbox..

if ya got any more evox or matrix ?s, drop me a note
    peace
    seamonkey420