1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evolution X (Help Install) - SpiderChipv1.0b(1.1?) - Xbox V1.6 - BIOS (Unknown?)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by d1rekt, Apr 7, 2005.

1. d1rekt

d1rekt Guest

Well I FINALLY flashed my BIOS. I would express with detailed profanity the crap I went through to do it, but I may get banned, therefore I won't. hehe.

Anyway I desperatley need to install the Evolution X dashboard now. The ONLY thing I know about the BIOS is that it IS an Evo Bios. It has the pink EVO X logo in the top left corner when it starts up, then goes to regular Xbox dash. So I burned the Slayers Autoinstaller thing to DVD+R (Same media I put BIOS on) and stuck it in. It said "Xbox does not reconize this file make sure its an xbox disk and stuff such as that". So I'm all...ok...wtf...then I hit the xbox and it frys...joke. But I need a solution and fast. I have been working on this Xbox for near 3 days and havent went to sleep. I made a vow to NOT go to sleep until i get this (profanity) thing working. And I plan to do so...for some reason.

Anyway Ive read everywhere, wasted 3 DVD+R's and dont plan to waste any more until I get a solution. Ive even tried FTPing to the thing but still nothing. Every FTP tutorial I've read talks about having EvoX already installed. I dont. Problem. Someone please help me out here.

2. d1rekt

d1rekt Guest

bump. Please help me. SpiderChip had Cromwell before I updated it with the EvoX BIOS. Still I dont know which one it is. M7 or M8_16 =/ it has EvoX in the top left corner.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2005
  3. kujix

kujix Guest

mate i have the same problem xcept i flashed mine with a xecuter bios {only 1 that would work } but can't get it do nothing , if u get it going let me know iv'e been trying for about 10days and my son wants his x-box back goodluck , kujix

4. bob1958

bob1958 Member

I need some help also, I think i flashed the spider, but does a conformation message come up or something? Also, how do u mod maps for games?

5. bob1958

bob1958 Member

Same thing, im not sure i flashed the bios, will a conformation message come up or something? Also, how do u mods maps like halo 2?

6. JimmyO

JimmyO Guest

If anyone would like a full working copy of the 'slayers' evolution x dashboard, along with a bunch of skins and some software that you can use to burn your own backups (originals must be owned before doing so), please get in touch, also included is 'boxplorer', you can use this program to navigate your xbox hdd, move/copy/delete file etc etc

jim

7. kujix

kujix Guest

would love to have it , but x-box might have a problem with the o/s , not too sure but will try your gear , kujix

8. Exino

Exino Member

Yeah same problem. Spent like 6 hours installing the Spider Modchip 1.0b on a 1.2 XBOX. It all worked, and I was happy up until the flashing point.

I used a brand new CD-R/W and put it in with an M8plus.bin (evoX) BIOS, and a dummy file as requested. And put it in to be flashed. The spiderchip picked it up and flashed it, and restarted the xbox. In the top left showed the reddish evoX thing, then it just goes to normal dashboard. And i'm like "what the fu--". So is there any solutions to this? Or is this like $50.00 modchip a piece of ass? (we already know the answer to this).

Anyways any help would be great, as it appears i'm not the only one experiencing these problems.

Reply ASAP! Thanks

9. JimmyO

JimmyO Guest

it shouldnt make a difference if the dvd drive picked up your cdr flash disk, but have you tried doing the same with a dvd?

10. Emar

Emar Member

ok, the chip is flashed and u need a dashboard. i never used slayers so i cant help you there, but if you find the standard evox files it will werk fine. rename the default.xbe file to evoxdash.xbe. then get qwix or sumthing like it and make an xiso of the files. then burn it to cd-r/rw or dvd media and put it into the xbox and reboot. the disc will not load if you are in the xbox dashboard so the xbox needs to be restarted after every attemp at reading.

11. Maelgwn

Maelgwn Member

[bold]Just wondering.... but do you guys realise that the chips have two startup methods? if the bios is installed then the way it normally works by default is clicking the power button to turn it on turns the xbox on without the chip..... hold the button down to start the xbox and the evox dash comes up.... a freind had the same problem.

12. slizzo25

slizzo25 Member

i just got my spiderchip 1.1 i have installed it and all i need to do is flash it the only problem is i heard you can only flash the chip once and if it doesnt work after that that you are screwed if you get the frag screen you flashed your chip with the wrong bios so what bios am i to use i have an xbox 1.0 and my chip is the spider chip 1.1 if anyone has an answer please let me know where i can get the bios too

13. captHALO

captHALO Member

I went through the same thing tonite. Luckily I ordered two chips instead of one. The first one didn't like the bios that I put on it (that I have used on many other mod chips before it) and it shut down. After some reading and searching I found out that the ONLY bios that would work for me was the EvolutionX M8plus_16 (There is a M8plus just for the 1.0 thru 1.5 Xboxes also)

I found it on #xbins mIRC site in the XBOX/bios/evolutionx folder. Xbox-scene.com has the info on how to access #xbins or type "#xbins tutorial" into a Google bar and search away.

After you get your hands on the M8plus zipped file extract it into a new folder. You will see the M8plus_16 (for the new 1.6 Xboxes only....and I mean only!) and the M8plus (for versions 1.0 thru 1.5).

I have the v1.6 Xbox so this is how I did mine.
    A.) Copy the unzipped M8plus_1.6 into a new folder. Made a dummy file of about 100 MB to go with it. Right click on the M8plus_16 file and rename it to bios. Opened up Nero and burned it to a DVD-R as a data DVD. Powered up the Xbox into the Cromwell Spider Chip screen. Hit the controller's A button, the disc tray popped out, the DVD-R disc with the two files on it went in, it started flashing and quickly it was finished. Worked like a dream Hope this helps out!

cap'

14. SCUBARAB

SCUBARAB Member

any body please help I have flashed the xbox with the Xecuter 4983 3.0.3 bios as directed by the teamxecuter crowd the xbox said that it had flashed and went through the green bar etc then closed down.

now the tutorial states turn on xbox and I quote " quick press the on off switch to get to the blue x" when I do that I turn off the xbox, when I turn it on again it goes to the Flash Bios screen again. What am I doing wrong???

Scub

15. xboxd00d

xboxd00d Member

Here is a quick tutorial about xbox's, chips, and bioses.

Xbox v1.0 to v1.5 will need 'EvoX M8plus' bios.
    Xbox v1.6 & v1.6b will need 'EvoX M8plus_16' bios.

Most chips come with a cromwell bios preflashed so the 1st flash is always the easiest.
    A bad flash can be corrected, sometimes very easily, sometimes more fiddly.

The bios has a command in it which looks for the dash executable, by default, the m8plus bios looks for a default.xbe on cd/dvd rom, then it tries to load the dash at C:/evoxdash.xbe (with 2 backup locations which are all customizable).
    SO, for the people who get nothing but the standard M$ Dash its the bios not finding what its looking for!

Slayers EvoX v2.6 installer disc is a godsend, a few clicks and it puts everything usefull on your xbox.

If anyone needs better advice with there problem PM me and i can send u anything u need.

I have a disc which boots to easily reflash ANY modchip.

Hope this helps!