1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EvolutionX Boot Problems...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by drnono, Nov 9, 2004.

1. drnono

drnono Member

I got an XBox with Avalaunch and EvolutionX both in the E:\Apps\ directory. I have my bios load Avalaunch on boot and when I need to I can run EvolutionX, mainly when I need to update my BIOS or run trainers.

My problem is when I launch into EvolutionX and run a game, like PsiOps or DOA:XVB (... for my sister... really). EvolutionX goes into it's usuall launching screen and then just freezes.

... and I'm not talking about the nice type of freeze that lets me sit comphy on my futon allowing me to just do a IGR, but one that makes me get up, walk ALL THE WAY to the XBox and turn it off and on... and I live in the midwest and it's cold, so it sux even more.

Anyways, the games boot and run fine in Avalaunch and not in EvolutionX. The wierd part of it, at least for me, is that some games will boot fine from EvolutionX and others freeze (along with me).

S.O.S,
    -DrNO

2. SweetK

SweetK Member

I have this same problem. Some games I run in AvaLaunch freeze when I try to run them in EvoX.

I've read quite a few ppl having this problem and no one knows the answer. The only solution I could come up with is to delete your Evox directory. :)
    Stick with Avalaunch, it's just a better program, and EvoX is too buggy and coded poorly.

3. drnono

drnono Member

I do prefer Avalaunch, that's why I boot into it, but I still use EvoX for it's trainer functions. So I would like to get EvoX to work right, just doesn't seem anyone else seems to know what's wrong. :(

4. goner73

goner73 Member

you are just a newb at this, so what would you know about bad coding? NEWBIE!!!!!

5. goner73

goner73 Member

Evox is the best dash there is.