1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EvolutionX & FTP

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Iat, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Iat

Iat Member

Hi,
    I have version 1.6 X3, flashed with X3_1959_v16plus.bin. Everything is working thus far but I am having problem downloading the necessary files to the XBOX. The instruction said use FlashFXP but I couldn't find the login name and or password to my xbox. Please Help!

TIA

2. 121flame

121flame Member

Whats X3, and its not download it's upload :)

3. Iat

Iat Member

:)

Your comment brought similarity to this saying "is the cup half empty or half full?"

When you sit at the Xbox console, do you download the files to your xbox or do you upload the files to your xbox?

4. 121flame

121flame Member

rong again :>)

it depends, if you ordered the xbox to get a file from your pc to your xbox, its called download.

if you get your pc to send a file to your xbox, its an upload..
    see, you learn something everyday :p

5. Iat

Iat Member

I am glad you've learned something today. BTW, that's exactly what I said. "download files to the XBOX from the BIOS menu"

I guess it does not matter, I am here to ask for technical assistant not a listen of English. If your intension is to contribute "nada" to this thread, I shall not waste my time further with you. This is my last reply to your arrogance comments.

BTW, it's "Wrong" not "rong"

6. Iat

Iat Member

I am glad you've learned something today. BTW, that's exactly what I said. "download files to the XBOX from the BIOS menu"

I guess it does not matter, I am here to ask for technical assistant not a lesson in English. If your intension is to contribute "nada" to this thread, I shall not waste my time further with you. This is my last reply to your arrogance comments.

BTW, it's "Wrong" not "rong"

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  7. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

the user name and password are both "xbox" w/o quotes unless you changed them. its nice to see everyone getting along...

8. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

the user name and password are both "xbox" w/o quotes unless you changed them. its nice to see everyone getting along...

9. Iat

Iat Member

Thank you Big_g-man.

Do you know how do I get the EvolutionX dashboard into my XBOX? Do I download it from the XBOX console or upload it from my PC? After further research, it becomes clear that may be impossible to download from the XBOX console but need further validation. If it's uploading from the PC using FlashFXP, what stage should the XBOX be in before I launch FlashFXP?

I connect my Xbox to my LinkSys router along with my PC. DHCP assigned 192.168.1.111 to my XBOX and 192.168.1.110 to my primary PC. The XBOX is then booted to the X3 Bios menu and the BIOS was flashed with the latest firmware. With that being stated, they are communicating nonetheless, I couldn't ping the Xbox via the .111 from my PC (.110) if I boot the Xbox to its normal stage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

you do upload evox from your pc. all your xbox needs to do is be turned on and at the dashboard screen. i am unfamiliar with the X3 but if it has built in FTP, it seems like you wouldn't even need another dashboard other than the m$ dash just to FTP to your box (you will need one of course for launching backed up games).

i wish i could be more help but i am also unfamiliar with the use of a router and DHCP because i have two NIC's and use a static IP.

11. Iat

Iat Member

Thanks Big_g-man for validating my doubts. I will research further.

Iat

12. 121flame

121flame Member

DHCP, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, is automatic IP Assignment so put your DNS on auto and your IP on auto then your router should assign its address and wahay youve connected!