1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evox Boot Disk How to burn it right

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by zeos101, Oct 21, 2003.

1. GetModded

GetModded Guest

link25o,
    Make sure you renamed the evoxdash.xbe file to default.xbe to load it from the DVD drive.
    RustyDog

2. Monino

Monino Member

link, i'm using memorex cdrws at 4x burn speed. anyways, i forgot to include a few details rusty. when i first flashed the chip, i used bank 0 (I left the switches as they were). now that I messed it up, whenever I boot up in bank 0, the chameleon blue light is not flashing. also, when I switch to another bank and try to flash that, it says "flashing bank 0" I thought I was working in another bank? anyways, should I do this slayer autoinstall from clean linux or from bank 1 (the error 16 message)? thanks a lot.

3. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Flashing the Chameleon chip with a disc will always flash bank 0 (256k bios) or bank 0 and 1 (512k) bios no matter what bank your in when you boot the XBox.

When you boot from Bank 0 do you still get the Xbox start up animation and the X and then the error screen?
    If yes then leave the disc in the DVD drive and power on your XBox and it should load the disc instead of checking the hard drive for the dashboard files.
    Once you load Slayers just choose to install what you want. The Rebuild Option will erase the harddrive and reinstall everything.

RustyDog

4. Monino

Monino Member

thanks rusty, I got everything working. I'm watching my little brother play frogger on xsnes9x as I write, and I couldnt be more satisfied. anyways, just wanted to give many thanks. you really know your stuff rustydog. I hope I can depend on you next time i run into another hole full of crap.

5. djoner

djoner Guest

im having a similar problem,i have a workgin disc of evox,and ive loaded to it twice,but now it wont load.i have a chameleon chip,what bank do i need to be in 1 or 2,do i need it to be set to protected or unprotected?when i turn the xobx on withthe chip turned on it beeps then crashes.any help woudl be great_X_X_X_X_X_[small]shon lindauer[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2003
  6. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Hi
    Im having pretty much the same problem, however I did use the "track at once"settings not disc at once, this matter?
    I flashed my xecuter 2.2 lite(+) with a memorex cdrw , when I recorded that disc I used 2x 60mb dummy files, it worked first time. This may seem like a silly question but when you install evox , does it matter WHERE you burned the dummy file? (ie dragged the file over first when compiling the iso)
    would it help to use 2x dummy files Like I did for the bios disc. the files I compiled are
    folder bios
    folder skins
    default.xbe
    evo.ini
    0dummy.zip (tried with various dummy files)
    I did find a place on the web to d/load xaviers, so Ill try that. Meantime can anyone tell me if Im doing anything wrong?
    I have a version 1.0 xbox, my query really is , my xbox read the media when I used it for a bios disc, so shouldnt it for evox?

7. tosk_vic

tosk_vic Member

Hi, i really need help.
    I cant connect my xbox to my pc, i dont know why , please somebody help me i already have evolution x dashboard, my computer has windows xp, but on the LAN icon theres is a warning that says:
    There is no cable conected

i used an RJ45 LAN cable

8. djoner

djoner Guest

you need a cross over cable to go from pc to xbox directly

9. tosk_vic

tosk_vic Member

yeah i know that i just bought that cable to but i can´t conect it
    i donnt know what else to do ive tried everything

10. tosk_vic

tosk_vic Member

well guy´s im here with the same problem but ive realized something, a friend of mine installed evox on my xbox, but i read that there should be a menu with system configuration or something like that wich i dont have it. When i change the skin, i can see that there it says "IP:" but there are no numbers after that my question is:

is this why i can conect it to my pc?
    What can i do?
    do i have t install evox again?
    how can i do it?

please somebody please help me

11. fishatwin

fishatwin Member

I've burnt a cdrw with evox m7 & added the 200mb dummy file, default.xbe, linuxbio.bin & evoxm7 but it still says unable to find bios on cd. can anyone help please?