1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

evox boot disk

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by portojbc, Jan 13, 2004.

1. portojbc

portojbc Member

My xbox with xecuter was working just fine until I played a game where it updated my msdashboard with the xbox live feature. Now I can't get to my evolution x dashboard. The person who modded my console is no longer avaialable and I don't have a boot disk. I have been tring to make my own, but to no avail. I have used the technique describe on this webpage to burn it (http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/nero6-files.php). Still no luck. I tried using CD-RW, memorex and imation. I am pretty sure that the .iso is correct. Please help.

2. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

do a search on google for slayers auto installer 2.5 its a good program after you burn it as a image very very slow you just boot it up in your xbox and choose what you want to do eg. update your evox dashboard and apps

3. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

do a search on google for slayers auto installer 2.5 its a good program after you burn it as a image very very slow you just boot it up in your xbox and choose what you want to do eg. update your evox dashboard and apps

4. aintabtzi

aintabtzi Member

if you're using nero to burn the cd-rw, make sure your burning method is a regular iso, make sure the joliet option is off, and it's in mode 1 (not mx/2).

5. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

Also it may depend on your xbox dvd drive i know some do not like cdrw try a cdr you have to experiment with some because alot don't work

6. Xsoliman

Xsoliman Member

Sorry to digress on the original issue,but can someone confirm that the Slayer's CD will only boot in a modified xbox,and wont boot on an unmodified xbox.
    Thanks

7. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

yes you can only boot slayers in a modded xbox
    infact you can only play your original of games and movies
    (you can't do anything to your xbox unless it has been modded)

8. XxHaXx

XxHaXx Guest

Your best bet is to make sure the evox.ini and evoxdash.xbe or similar is in your xbox directory root, do you have any other way to FTP your box?