1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EvoX - Chip needed?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Ninjalo, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Ninjalo

Ninjalo Member

Hello! I just had my Xbox crap out on me (CD Drive I think), and I was trying to find a way to transfer my KOTOR2 and Splinter Cell saved games to my new Xbox, but... as I'm sure all of you are aware... can't do it with a normal memory card! Yay for MS! So since they've made it difficult to transfer saved games, I was reading how to use EvoX. I downloaded it, turned it into an .iso and burned it to a CD-RW. Xbox can't read the disc, and I'd like to know if it's because I don't have a mod chip installed (which I don't want to do.)

So bottom line: is there a way to load up EvoX (or any dashboard for that matter), without taking the Xbox apart and/or installing a mod chip?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  2. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

The answer is "NO" you have to have a mod-chip for Evox to work.

3. Ninjalo

Ninjalo Member

Thanks for the reply :) Guess I'll just have to start over after I'm done with God of War.

4. Bloodust

Bloodust Guest

No You dont need a chip to install Evo x! You can softmod, thats what i do: softmodding is kida like having a chip but u dont have 1... lol and u can do pretty much the same as a chip... you can copy games to your hd and all of that crap if u want to know how to softmod just let me know.....

Note: in order to softmod u need the game splintercell

and u need Actrion Replay That transfrs gamsaves to your xbox

5. Ninjalo

Ninjalo Member

Can't argue with that. If you have a good site that I can read about softmodding, I'd appreciate that.
    I've got all of the Splinter Cell games, so that's not a problem.

Any help would be cool.

6. Bloodust

Bloodust Guest

Duded All u need is actio Replay After u have that Install it on your computer then ( if u have email) i will send you the gamesave that u will transfer to your memory card and onto your xbox.... After when your done copying to your xbox heres wat u do: You clic On start Campaign and then u should see the profile called '' Linux Pofile'' after choose that profile and then select '' Load from Check point'' after that the game will turnh off and youll get to this blue installer screen then u Can install two programs 1. Unleash x or 2. Evo x ( latest version) then it will just install then when your done installing evo x just click on '' Install Softmod'' then at the botto bottom u will see something callled Reboot xbox then the evo x dash will load... then u can now copy games to your hd.... Enjoy..

Warning: I AM NOT RESPONSIBEL FOR U GETTING BANNED OFF XBLIVE OR U MESSING UP YOUR XB ( U CAN ONLY MESS IT UP IF U TRY AND DELETE SOMETHNG IN THE SYSTEM CONFIGURATION!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY...

IF U WANT MORE ABOUT COPYING GAMES TO YOUR HD JUST ASK!

1 MORE THING MAKE SURE YOUR SPLINTER CELL ISINT PLANTIUM HITS!

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2005
  7. alex44526

alex44526 Member

sweet thanks 4 the info im gonna do that

Last edited: Jun 30, 2005
  8. Rocko18

Rocko18 Member

I'm softmodding my Xbox using MechAssualt and AR. After I have gone through all that and have the exploit loaded, how do I go about installing Evox? Do I download an iso?