1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evox doesnt do anything.. cant play video dvd's

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jatt1, Mar 31, 2004.

1. jatt1

jatt1 Member

Chip: Xecuter 2.3 lite
    Flashed with X2_4981 bios
    Made a Cd-RW with EvoX. FTP'd into xbox and transferred default.xbe and changed it to xbox.xbe..whatever this tutorial said: http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420/installevox.html

Now when I start my xbox, I can see xecuter2 logo and Evox dashboard instead of MS dashboard. When I try to play a video dvd, I see EvolutionX logo and then it takes me back to the EvoX menu and nothing happens.. can anyone tell me whats going on here?
    Thanks in advance

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

If you have the dvd playback kit, then just go to the microsoft dash to watch dvds. If you do not have the dvd playback kit, then download dvdX and put it in your apps folder and then run it from there.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

ahh!

what the problem is that the dvd player part in the evox.ini on the xbox is probably not pointing to your dvd program on the xbox..

i'd recommend using dvdx2 on your xbox and then point the part in the evox.ini to the location of dvdx2 on your xbox (ie f:\apps\dvdx2\default.xbe or e:\apps\ .. etc, wherever you put dvdx on the hd)

hope that helps

peace
    seamonkey420

4. jatt1

jatt1 Member

excellent people.. Games work fine on it, so it has to be with DVD player. I will put DVDX on it. I have another question now- Will it just play my "backup" games. I have decided not to invest in a new hard drive, I have a DVD burner instead.. how do i burn the backup so that they are recognized by my modded xbox.

5. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

well first find out what xbox dvd drive you have, but DVD-R are the most compatible with the xbox in my experience.

6. jatt1

jatt1 Member

My question is: How do I burn the games?
    Will DVD-RW be okay to back up games?

7. pong3

pong3 Guest

You have to FTP into your xbox and then transfer the D folder onto your computer, make an ISO and burn the image. Check out seamonkeys tutorials on how to do it.
    You can use DVD-RW, but i would use dvd-r because its cheaper and don't think you messed up the burn if it doesnt play on the xbox, it could just be the media.

8. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

9. jatt1

jatt1 Member

so, there's no way that I can put the game DVD in my computer's DVD drive and making a back-up? Is FTPing into the xbox the only option?. Can I not just rip the game from its dvd on to my computer and then burn it on to a DVD-r or something???

10. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

nope, you have to Ftp the data over from your xbox to your comp to be able to bac up your game disc