1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evox not reading full HDD Size

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by javiman4, Oct 8, 2004.

1. javiman4

javiman4 Member

I just installed a new HDD into a friends xbox using slayers auto install 2.6, and everything works fine except that it is only showing my F drive to be 24 GB insted of over a 100 GB like it should be. I'm using the X2 4977 bios on a homebrew chip. The drive is technically bigger than 137Gb, but my friend said he didn't want to risk trying to reflash the bios, so he would just live with only 137. Any Suggestions?

2. Doodmar

Doodmar Member

He's gonna have to reflash it. There is no way of getting around that. I just used 4983.87(think it was .87, if not it was .06) And it worked.

3. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Doodmar is right, you need a bios that supports an F and a G drive partition. If he was savvy enough to flash it the first time, not much risk in re-flashing. If he has a newer chip, it most likely has a spare bank he can switch to in case of a bad flash. That 4977 bios is an OLD bios. Boot that slayers CD, and flash right from its menu- no brainer.

4. javiman4

javiman4 Member

Am I going to have to reformat the hdd drive too?

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

No you don't need to reformat the HDD. The bios is for the modchip, it has nothing to do with the HDD. If you flashed successfully, the lost space should show up. But depend on how the HDD was formatted before, you will either get one big F drive, or 137GB in F and the rest is in the G drive. I have all 241GB (from 250GB) in F and I think it's convienent that way.