1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EvoX problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by reknup, Feb 15, 2005.

1. reknup

reknup Member

I don't know what chip I've got, all i know is that it's an Evo. Everytime I turn on my Xbox the disc button goes green then it turns off for about 2 seconds. Then it turns on again and the disc button goes green again for another two seconds and then turns itself off. The third time it turns itself on the disc button goes green for about 3 seconds then flashs green and red until i turn it off. I have no idea what started it all off, at first i could just turn it off then turn it back on again and it would be ok, but now it does the same thing over and over.

P.S. there is just a blank black screen the whole time.

2. static09

static09 Member

I'm having a similar problem - I can use the xbox fine for awhile, play movies and whatnot - but as soon as I've played a game for between 10-15 minutes, it locks the box.

Then I have to do a hard reset (reset it via power button), and it does exactly the same as yours.

Am running Aladdin Live chip with Evox M8 16.06 bios
    I thought it might be an evox version problem?
    I also had an xbmc prob - but an update fixed it...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  3. reknup

reknup Member

I just don't have a damn clue what is wrong with it.

4. static09

static09 Member

Me either - but I think it MIGHT be that the guy who chipped it wrote a bad bios to the chip, or maybe just didn't do a really good solder job on it...

What chip're you running in yours? Mine's an aladdin live

5. reknup

reknup Member

I don't know what my chip is, all i know is it's an Evo as i can see the logo at the top left of the start up screen, at least i used to see the logo at the top of the start screen.

6. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Bad solder.. It's booting and fragging the reason for this 99% of the time is a bad solder on the DO. Open the box check the wire drop some solder and hopefully it will fix the problem if he did a good job there will be some tape holding it secure to make sure if you bump it or whatnot it wont move still.

7. reknup

reknup Member

thanks, much help