1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EvoX softmod gone bad, please help.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by 7Words, Jul 11, 2007.

1. 7Words

7Words Member

This weekened I decided to softmod my xbox because I haven't used it in some time and figured I'd put it to use as a media machine. I used the Mechassault exploit and got EvoX up and running, but I wanted to run XBMC as an app for playing divx files. I FTP'd into the xbox and added a new folder under E called apps and copied the XBMC folder over to it. I also created a E/skins/ folder and copied over a skin for EvoX I downloaded. When the transfer was complete I disconnected the crossover cable and powercycled the xbox. Now all I get is a blinking red ring around the power button with no video output. I've tried starting the console with the tray open, tried putting in a game disc, nothing works. I can't ftp into the xbox anymore either. Please tell me there is something I can do to fix this, I never really wanted to brick it doing this. Thanks in advance.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Sounds like a corrupt eeprom...

Not good champ, you may need an eeprom reader\writer. Keeps searching the threads to try different methods, I'll look into it too!

3. 7Words

7Words Member

Crap, I figured it might just be having two different dashes trying to load at the same time. If it helps my case any I made a copy on my computer of the backup that NDure made of my Xbox dash and eeprom. Is there any kind of boot disk that can at least force my box into letting me ftp into it again?

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You should try to rebuild the drive with xboxhdm v1.9. It might work, but the red flashing ring normally indicates the eeprom corruption on the motherboard, not the HDD!

Unplug the HDD and try to boot the Xbox, if it goes to the error screen then it's not the MB!

5. 7Words

7Words Member

Is there anything I can do without opening the box? I thought I read somewhere that Slayer's boot disc would force the xbox to boot to the xbox dash and allow FTP access.

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Slayers is for Modchipped Xboxs. A Modchip would be one way to fix your error...

7. 7Words

7Words Member

I did a softmod originally so that I wouldn't have to open the box, and that I could revert it to stock if I wanted to. I'm not looking to put a modchip in if I can help it, just repairing the damage I did.

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yeah, like I said, it's most likely the eeprom chip itself!

Did you try my test (unplug the drives)?