1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ewr10d4

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by jdmann, Jan 20, 2008.

1. jdmann

jdmann Guest

saw a link to get this firmware update but link is no longer any good, does anyone have a new link for ewr10d4.zip, or if not maybe email file to me,,emerson,, or funai corp, says serial of my recorder is not accurate and wont send me the update, any help would be appreciated Thanks

2. sampleman

sampleman Member

I just bought one of these and found out the same crap. Funai (www.funai-corp.com) makes the unit and offers only a 8x firmware upgrade. I've complained many times that 8x disks are getting harder to find. They said they may have a firmware update in a year....yeah, right. Your best solution is to go to www.supermediastore.com and buy the Verbatim 8x DVD-Rs in bulk. Make sure you dont go for the Valueline brands because they are marked 8x but are really 16x and will be rejected..get premium. All DVD-Rs and CD-Rs are encoded with a number that the burner reads to find out what speed it is capable of and the type of dye used so it can adjust the laser. Firmware updates add to the internal list of discs and settings. It's not rocket science and I cannot understand why Funai will not update their firmware. It's so lame. Make sure that you dont use anything faster than a 2x DVD-RW as well. It's a great machine with the proper media.