1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exact Audio Copy losing sync

Discussion in 'Audio' started by entarno, Jun 10, 2003.

1. entarno

entarno Member

I have used Exact Audio Copy to rip a few of my cd's into mp3 format. I have only used this program a few times. The first two times I let it run overnight and in the morning the entire cd was converted. perfect, right? Not exactly - since then I have tried a few cd's and the program always seems to have a sync error, usually on the second song I try to convert in any one session. Any ideas why this is doing this?, especially since it worked the first 2 times.
    Do I need a new version?

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Can you give more details, please?

- How do you know there's a sync error? (What)Does EAC tell or do you hear something wrong - if so, how does it sound?

- What drive do you use?

- What are your EAC settings (Secure mode/Accurate Stream/Cache/C2/Compression options)?

- Are your CDs scratched/dirty/damaged?

- Is your system overclocked?

3. entarno

entarno Member

While reading a track the message sync error comes up and the conversion process stops. This is while it is writing the .wav file to the hard drive and before converting to mp3.

I use the cdrw drive that came with my compaq presario. I found the book on the drive and it provides no additional details in terms of a specific model number.

I keep very good care of my cd's so that's not the problem, especially since it has happened with 3 different ones.

From the little I know about overclocking, it is my understanding that the user has to change the settings to do this, correct? I don't believe my system's overclocked.

In regards to EAC's settings, I haven't changed them since I got the program.

Here's how they look:
    - Using Razorlame as the encoder with user defined encoder checked under Parameter passing Scheme.
    - I can't find any tab's including info on secure mode/accurate stream/cache in the EAC options or other menu items. Am I missing them - where are they?

Also, I have version V0.9 beta 4 from May 22, 2002.

Thanks for any assistance.

4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

According to your answers there are basically 2 possiblities:

1. The drive. Maybe it's worn out or just a model that doesn't give good results when extracting audio

2. EAC settings: Find out the drive's features:
    EAC -> Drive options -> Extraction method -> Detect Read features. Use settings matching to the found features.

A detailed guide how to set up EAC you find at http://www.cd-rw.org .

To access all settings (accurate stream / cache ...) uncheck EAC -> EAC options -> Tools -> Activate beginner mode ...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2003