1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exact copies of PS2 Games, Why cant it be done?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PackerFan, Mar 12, 2004.

1. PackerFan

PackerFan Member

Hello all. Yes I'm a newbie to the world of backing up PS2 games, and thought the masses could shed some light. I've been backing up copy protected PC games for a couple years now, and have learned it works with most burning software, but needs a 'No-Cd Patch'. I then learned that using a burner that supports EFM correcting ie.(Lite-On 52327s that I own) and software such as Alcohol 120% you can make an "exact" copy, that performs just like your retail one with out a patch. My question is why can't you with PS2 games? Just curious. Great site. Thanks, and have a good one.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

'cause ps2 games have bad sectors on them and burners don't copy and burn these bad sectors.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

it's not just that... see the ps2 dvdrom can read from the inner ring of the media it starts to read from the codelines and verify that the game is infact original... our pc CANT reach the codes it starts to read about half mm from the inner ring so it cant reach the lines.. even if it did the pc wouldnt even bother with it... and since we cant copy the lines nor burn them since they printed on the media... it's quite imposible to make a ps2 100% working copy...

4. djklarc

djklarc Member

even if you could, who in the hell wants shell out 2000 bucks on a burner that doesnt correct the bad sectors

5. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

Well if you had an option like
    [bold][_]Correct Bad Sectors [_]Don't correct Bad Sectors[/bold]
    It wouldn't be so bad.
    But the burner wouldn't cost that much.
    Heck, if I had the time and patients ([bold]skill[/bold]) to do it, I'd modify mine to do just that.

6. treepop

treepop Member

I wish I wasn't so nooobish with my coding skillz......this would require alot of work and research to get to work :(....but I could make some $$BLING$$ if I figured it out ;)

7. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

It's been tried before many times and EVERYONE fails. Not to put your hopes down but it is almost an impossible task from my understanding