1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Example of unexpected burning problems.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jerry746, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Being the Sci-fi nut that I am, last week I purchased DAY AFTER TOMORROW when I saw it on sale. I watched the movie once already with no problems viewed. My daughter asked for a copy so while watching the Super Bowl I decided to do the backup. I fired up Clonedvd2 with Anydvd(both latest versions) and started the process. I haven't heard of any problems from others doing this movie so expected the normal process to take place. About 3 minutes into the rip I got a CRC error. Looked at the disc to see If I may have smudged the original. It was still as new out of the box. I thought maybe they encrypted the new copies better so I tried DVD Decrypter. Same problem again. Tried Voblanker. NO GO again. Tried Decrypter again with Anydvd running and it got past the bad spot. I thought I had everything under control until about half way through another CRC error. Decrypter would not pass this spot no matter what settings I tried. My guess was possibly a defective original so I had it exchanged on Monday. Tried the second original last night with just CloneDVD2 and Anydvd and it went right through the complete process.
    I just wanted to post this for the newer members of the forum as an example of what can go wrong even with a brand new dvd straight out of the box. If this can happen with a new dvd, you can just guess at what scratched dvds may cause. I'm sure this doesn't always happen but keep it in mind. The problems you have may not always be your computer, hardware or backup programs. Good luck with your burning.

Jerry

2. pfh

pfh Guest

Good idea- sometimes IT IS the simple things.
    Thanks.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The problem threw me off for a while. You never know with this stuff.

Jerry