1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excuter 2.6 on a 1.6b flashing problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by plugger, Dec 14, 2004.

1. plugger

plugger Member

Hi all hope someone can help.Ive read alot of posts which are similar but not the same.Ive installed the 2.6 chip by the diagrams on team excuter site and made a boot disc using the tutorials on the same site.I read some posts which said to flash to banks 3+4 so i set chip to bank 2.Got the flashbios screen and pressed key to insert disc to flash writing flash completes xbox reboots to same screen.If i switch xbox to bank 1+2 it restarts xbox 3 times before it stays on and flashes red and green.The bios is m8 16 plus 256k.If I switch the chip off it boots to normal ms dash.Im going to resolder all connections but any thoughts would be welcome.Am i flashing with the right bios i have an x3 1959 v16plus 1mb bios could i use this instead.

Many Thanks

2. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

First the 2.6 only has 2 512k banks. It also doesn't matter what you have the switch set to when you flash it because it will start flashing from bank 1. You need to make a 1mb bios with a 512k flash bios on bank 1 and 512k m8 16 on bank 2 then flash. Also make sure you use flash bios 3.03 and evox m8 16+ for your 1.6b. As far as I know those are the only ones that will work with a that version.