1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Execution of the specified command has failed

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Steener19, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Steener19

Steener19 Member

I am running Windows XP, professional version. When I boot up, I am suddenly getting an error message box stating: "Execution of the specified command has failed". It doesn't tell me what the command is and I have no idea how to stop the message from popping up. System restore has also become unoperational so I can't do it that way. I did a couple of online virus scans and got rid of a couple of viruses that my program didn't catch. Any suggestions?

2. onya

onya Guest

Sounds like you may still be infected to some degree. But to find out why you're getting the error message, use your systems event viewer, to search for the process before the error message. Start----> Control panel----> Performance and maintenance----> Administrative tools, then double click on the shortcut to Event viewer. There are six catagories to look through. You need to find the same error message you just posted, it's the process before as I said, that would be the culprit. See how you go.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2007