1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaustive efforts to boot dvd+r backup have failed...need help...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pmax7, Jan 10, 2004.

1. pmax7

pmax7 Member

People, I'm at the end of my rope. I have tried EVERYTHING I know to get my ps2 dvd+r backup to boot on a my v7 ps2. Used DVD Decrypter to burn, but game will not boot under any circumstances. The methods I have tried are as follows:

-Oner's tutorial: booting with gs2
    -Alternative gs2 method-insert gs2, go to "W/o codes", press x, perform swap.
    -CD Loader with gs2 using w/o codes-screen goes black for a minute, then give "Please insert a playstation or Playstation2..." screen
    -CD Loader with gs2 using with codes-same as above

and variations of all the above. I've simply run out of ideas to try. I've made extensive use of the AD forums, but my game still won't boot...any and all ideas are welcome and gratefully recieved. Please reply...

Max

2. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

first make sure your console even plays dvd+r. use quality dvd+r and try nero, which is my fav when it comes to dvd copying. what kind of writer do u have? i know there are cheap writers outthere but i don't know if they can do a decent job.

3. pmax7

pmax7 Member

v7 are supposed to play +R, so i'm sure it does...using a phillips-d28 dvd+r/rw writer, and maxell media...Nero? Lemme check Oner's tutorial...