1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experienced User just got a PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by PeaInAPod, Jun 28, 2007.

1. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Hi all, I just recently purchased a PSP and currently have it running at firmwar 3.03 OE-C. Even though I knew a good bit about downgrading and how to do that, I have no clue as to were to start for homebrew, customizing,etc. I have looked at numerous sites but they have just confused me. A list of things I want to do/learn to do...

*play playstation 1 games if they play decently
    *play SNES game, Sega Genesis Games, and NES games,
    *listen to streaming music, I have a wireless router and TVersity
    *proper way to play ISO's, I know you put them in the ISO folder but am somewhat confused on teh topic of 1.5 or 3.03 kernel selection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I can't wait to get started.

**update- Also on the "Game" menu I have two "corrupted data" icons. They have been there since the 3.03 OE-C install. Are they ther just because I don't have any .iso's or anything on the PSP yet? and if no how do I remove them?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  2. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

leave the corrupted icons. and download an iso from a torrent and then place the iso into the ISO folder and go to the game menu and u should see the game ready to be played!

3. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Get emulators for it at
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/
    Put them on youre game150 folder or game303,which ever kernal you have

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

About the PS1 games, is POPstation integrated into 3.03 OE-C or do I need a plugin of some sort? And emulator wise (speed,graphics,etc)is it worth it to use the PS1 Emu./POPStation?

Okay I have gotten a SNES and N64 emulator working. I know that NesterJ is the best NES emulator but how do I go about installing it?

The most important thing to me is getting the TVersity to work with my PSP. I really really dislike PimpStreamer. So I have good Wifi router, TVersity setup, TVersity full access to internet in firewall, portforwarding setup in the router.

I have ripped some games and have played the iso's used ripkits and shrunken them to .cso's. *Can .dax files be played on the 3.03 OE-C without any modification?

And under what circumstance would I have to use kernel selection?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

So the icons that say "Corrupted Data" are regular? Also I went into the recovery menu and enabled the option to hide "Corrupt Data Icons" and it hid all but 1 of them, and I can live with that :)

6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Dont know about the PS1 emulator I never used it,but for the other emulators you have go into your memory stick go to PSP,then you have either folder GAME150 or GAME303 drag your emulators in to one of those and thats it.Dax cant be played..

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

They shouldn't be there. Do you have any left over files in the ISO folder? if so just delete them, or better yet, reformat your stick with the psp.
    If you don't have anything in ISO folder, and corrupted icons still show up, then you might have a bad memory stick.

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Popstation is used to convert psx iso's into eboot. It's a separate program that runs on windows. You just put the eboot file into PSP/GAME folder, and it will show up in your memory stick.

What's wrong with your pimpstreamer? I know the funky color might be a big hard to take in, but it works GREAT.

.dax cannot be run directly, you can convert it though...

About kernel, leave it at 3.40 (or whatever your OE firmware is). Kernel setting is used to run homebrews, which use 1.5 kernel. However, OE's can run homebrew directly from GAME150 folder. So there really isn't any need for kernel change unless you are having trouble running homebrew. (Never happened to me yet)

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I bought the stick at Walmart 2Gb Pro Duo w/ MagicGate. I formatted the stick again and before putting any homebrew or what not on it I went to the game menu and went to memorystick and there was no "Corrupted Data" icons so I'll just use process of elimination to find out which homebrew app caused those.

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that POPStation was a part of the firmware.

I just dislike it and I already have TVersity setup with feeds to all my favorite youtube videos and all my music loaded into its library. And I really like the fact that I can access it anywere there is internet whether on my PSP via WiFi or on a PC of the 'net.

Okay :)

Thanks for the psp kernel info.

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Update

I was able to stream my iTunes music library to my PSP using this guide. But it limits me to using it in my local area network. I have a dynamic ip address and would like to be able to access my music anywere. I am not concerned about streaming photos or videos. I just want a simple way to stream music to my psp no matter were I am.

11. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Thanks for the help everyone. With your help and a bit of fiddling around I got everything to work...
    Discovered Zinga Burga's POPStation which is a GUI and automates the process and includes everything needed to get started including "POPS"

Got NesterJ, snesTYL, and Daedalus working 100% :)

Forget TVersity, if you have iTunes then use the program MyTunesRSS, it is undoubtedly one of the best applications I have ever run across. Does everything it says it does and more. And it does work outside of my LAN I just had mistyped my external IP and thats why it wouldn't connect.

Thanks BlackVamp :)

The last thing between 3.03 OE-C and 3.40 OE-A should I bother upgrading? I mean are there many major updates/fixes/patches that I really need.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  12. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Full res video, meaning you can run umd quality movies off of your memory sitck.

4th brightness level

Wider support of ps1 games.

I use 3.40oe personally, and have not run into any problems. One thing to keep in mind is your 3.03oe customization cannot be used on 3.40oe. You need to either convert them or just get 3.30/3.40oe ones.

13. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I found a simple little program that takes 3.03 icons and makes them into 3.40 icons.