1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experiencing AD website problem...anyone else having the same issue?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by venomX05, Mar 15, 2005.

1. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

I have a little problem.

I work in a brokerage firm and pretty much use their isp and stuff.

Well here is the problem...everytime I post something, and reply....I get this message:

------------------
    Malicious code was detected in your web traffic:

The item (http://forums.afterdawn.com) was deleted.

If the information was deleted and you need it for business purposes, contact the web site owner to correct the issue. When the issue is resolved by the web site owner, it will be safe to access the information.

General information regarding this notification can be found at cis-tvm.business.net.

Error dmz-avwp-ric002
    ------------------------------------------

And after that happens, I go back to the duplicate post, and erase it and then redo it, but sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't....

I was wondering if anyone else was having this same issue, cause if it is just me, can anyone explain why this happened.

I checked the documentation on the .com address and it wasn't anything relevant.

This isn't a really big issue, but would like to have an answer about it cause, I can't delete the double posts even if I try to go to the double one and clear all of its contents.

Thanks for your help all!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

comes up with ad in mailbox on my screen

3. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Yeah..see that is what makes it so weird...

It says there is malicious code, but how could that be?

ddp...you said it comes up with ad in mailbox, right? So, you are definately getting something different than what I got.

4. ddp

could be company security firewall settings??

5. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Yeah that is what has crossed my mind....just wanted to make sure there really wasn't anything "bad" in the web traffic....

6. ddp

haven't had anything bad come onto my computer from ad in the 5 months since i started posting!!

7. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Yeah...but I am glad that it is on my work computer and not at my home. LOL!

But who knows...guess I will just have to only post when I am at home.

8. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I tried googling it up with the domain name (cis-etc..), the main error text, etc and nothing came up, as I was trying to see whether it is somekinda standard error message for some "Net nanny" or filtering proxy, but nada. Sounds extremely weird, as the posting process doesn't set any cookies, doesn't launch any javascript or anything, simply -- on the server side -- sticks your msg to the database, checks whether any notifications should be sent out (in case you're replying) and returns to the thread you just posted by HTTP code 301 (==page moved, passes a new url, which in this case is the thread's url). Just like every single goddamn forum software does that I'm aware of...

I'd check from your tech guys what proxy / ney monitoring system they use and pass that info to us, as I'm interested to know what the heck causes this.

9. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Yeah...dRD, um, I would...but truthfully speaking, I am really not supposed to be on this site at work.

LOL!

But what can I say, I don't do squat while I am there. But I am thinking that it might be the security software that they use, cause they use alot of funky programs that seem like a waste of time.

Like Lotus Notes!

But anyways, its cool...I just thought that there was something sneaky going on with my original post. But definately thanks for the info.