1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experimental Question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Crazykid3, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

I have a 1.50 Firmware PSP. I installed Devhook 0.52 with 3.11 support. Everything works well. However, there are two games I have that require Firmware 3.30 or higher. What would happen if, while Devhook is emulating 3.11, I upgraded it to 3.30?

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

It wouldn't run. You can just turn dev hook off and run it, but why would you.

Get a custom firmware is the only reasonable option for you.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  3. Eagles18

Eagles18 Guest

Why dont u go to 3.40 oe-a instead

4. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Honestly, I'm afraid. It took me a week to downgrade to 1.50, install the latest Devhook, and GPSP. I wouldn't consider myself an expert, but I have a basic understanding of how everything functions. I know nothing about custom firmwares and am afraid that I'll brick it.

5. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

this is the easiest possible way to go to 3.40 oe-a. just follow the instructions on the webpage, its how i got my first custom firmware too. i guarantee if u follow the instructions exactly, u will be on 3.40 oea in a matter of minutes.

6. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

Installing OE (eg. 3.40OE) is a LOT less complex than what you have done so far and whilst I have never used Devhook, OE must be a breeze to use instead.

7. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Can a custom firmware play ".cso" or ".dax" files? Will a GBA emulator work with it? I have a lot of questions about 3.40oe-a and rather than waste your time, is there a guide or tutorial on custom firmware and how to utilize it with ".cso"?

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

cso works, not dax. All emu, homebrew from 1.50 works on OE

9. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Thanks, does anyone know anything about 3.51 M33? I just Google-ed latest custom firmware and the article said that this is better than 3.40OE-A. Will a noobie like me understand how to use this?

10. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Almost the same. Just from another team, they are new, so there MIGHT be stablity issues. If you want though, just upgrade to 3.52m33, I believe it's out already.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  11. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Alright, I will install that "340oeEasy.exe" file. It's the easy way to install it safely right? God forbid something happens or I don't like it/have no clue how to use it, can I downgrade it back to official 1.50?

12. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

To get to 3.40 OE-A safely first format your memorystick, now put your PSP in USB mode. Now run the easy installer, when it is completed end the USB connection. Now before upgrading to 3.40 OE-A make sure your batteries fully charged and keep your charger plugged in the whole time. If your battery is charged and charger plugged in then head over to the GAME menu and from your memory stick run teh 3.40 OE-A installer. And it is normal to see a "Corrupt Data" icon so dont worry about that.

And to all regarding the 3.51 M-33 firmware updates. To be up to date you must only run the latest update, as Team M-33's firmware updates are cumulative so Update 7 has Update 1 integrated.

13. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

O really? that's good news then. I just assumed it was like OE revisions. I'll edit out my post.

14. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Okay, I backed up the entire contents of my memory stick and then deep formated it in windows. I then formated it in the XMB. I connected to in USB Mode. I ran the .exe. A command prompt screen opens with a flashing underscore and that's it. No data is transfered or anything. Why?

15. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Never mind, I downloaded the full package and installed it manually. Thanks everyone. I now have a successful 3.40OE-A Firmware. Thanks for everyone's knowledge. I would have never tried this without help. By the way, is it okay if I format the memory stick and add ".cso"'s now?

16. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yes, after a successful install of 3.40 OE-A you can format the memorystick. And after doing so and putting the PSP in USB mode you just put all your ciso and iso's in the ISO folder. Also I would recommend running the 1.5 Recovery Winstaller also.

17. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Very noobish question, but what is 1.5 Recovery Winstaller? Do I need it to play .cso, homebrew, etc.?

18. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

The 1.5 Firmware Recovery Winstaller, in the case of a brick can usually save your PSP by allowing you to downgrade back to firmware 1.5

19. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

OMG!!!! Thank you sooo much. I (the dumb*** that I am) tried to install a custom XMB. It completely messed it up. I successfully downgraded back to 1.50. When I fully installed 3.40oe-a, though, I went to settings/system settings to check the FW and got some type of internal error. I rebooted it a couple of times and it now works perfectly. I replaced a complete backup of the memory stick and everything runs perfectly. I came close that time. That will teach me to screw with stuff I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks again ... a lot of thanks!!