1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

expert advice

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kocher, Apr 3, 2005.

1. kocher

kocher Regular member

I know everyone here says memorex is no good, but i did not know that until recently. my question is, for you experts, i have about 100 back ups on memorex-no bad burns in process but id is cmc mag(GREAT!). i am concerned with the fact that in a month or two all of them will be gone(some already 4 months old). what do u guys think. i have yuden now. should i re back up all my dvds onto the yudens or take a chance that the cmc mag dye will hold up? also where is the best online store to buy real yudens, i hear supermedia store is best, also rima, but i want a store with a good return policy if i get caught with fake tys. please any opinion wil be greatly appreciated.

2. kocher

kocher Regular member

well went ahead and bought more yuden to back up my backups. god thing i just have a f**k load of time right now. oh by the way supermediastore havin a great deal on tys. just figured id spread the word. $26 per 100. prayin that they are real.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Well, I'm going to assume you have the original DVD handy. If and when the cmc discs go to shit, back up the original again, but this time on your new ty's.

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Before you back up everything again, just take a few of your Memorex burns and run the PI/PO and file readability tests on them with Nero, Plextools, or kprobe. I wish people wouldn't assume Taiyo Yudens are errorless and CMC are error-filled automatically. CMC is a major manufacturer of discs for the best brands out there - TDK, Verbatim, Fuji - and although their quality varies, I still think they are not as bad as people say. In other words, they shouldn't be lumped in with Princo or Kypermedia. Run those PI/PO tests first before wasting your time and money.

5. kocher

kocher Regular member

true but how will that let me know if the dye is going to fade (which from what i hear they are know for doing-not just a few but like high percentages). if that will let me know about the dye life i will try it.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

7. kocher

kocher Regular member

o sorry bout that. thx for the heads up an not just bootin me.

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

No worries buddy. Enjoy our forums :)