1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

expert repair advice needed

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hmania39, Sep 16, 2004.

1. hmania39

hmania39 Member

hey there kind of new to this forum, but you guys seem like the pro's in this field. i have modded and fixed a fair number of ps2's, done some simple repairs such as fuses and such, but i do have one question i would like to know i have a couple of units which will power up(both green and blue lights are on), tray opens and closes and such, but there is no connection to tv, meaning just blue screen as if unit was not connected. is there any specific chip which is responsible for this, i have checked all fuses, from what i have read i don't believe the ba chip is responsible for this, unless i am wrong. is there any hope for these 2 boards or are they just junk. these units had been attempted to be modded, (not my me), but there is no chip in it now. one unit is a v4 and the other is a v7. any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. willing to try anything. thanks

2. Serath

Serath Member

I had a V7 board that went totally crappy like that once. Failed mod attempt. It would boot up, laser would work, the whole thing was fine, but the BIOS never loaded. So no picture and no sound, but everything else was great... crazy eh? I really think it's cuz I briged some of the bios legs with solder, but when I tried cleaning it off I still had the same problem...

3. hmania39

hmania39 Member

doesn't anyone have anything to add to this, others must have run into this problem. surely i am not the only one. i just want to know if it is fixable or not